Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Schedule Customization

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
abhijit.ghosh
1749 Views, 4 Replies

Revit Schedule Customization

Can you please suggest us how can we change the schedule that is representating row wise in the Format 1 to column wise in Format 2 shown in the snap attached.

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
luna.ye
in reply to: abhijit.ghosh

Hi abhijit.ghosh,

Please select the schedule, click “Edit” of “Appearance” in the “Properties” dialog box. You can specify various formatting options, such as column orientation and alignment, grid lines, borders, and font style. If you want to insert a blank row before the data rows, then uncheck "Bland row before data" option. See help for more details.

Hope this helps.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Luna Ye
Product Support
Message 3 of 5

Hi luna.ye,

We appreciated your suggestion. We have got the reply from Autodesk Support Team which have given below:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Abhijit Ghosh,

Thank you for choosing Autodesk Support. I understand the frustration when comes to try flipping columns to rows in a schedule. I would loved to help you on this issue but unfortunately we can't flip it. There is already a wishlist logged-in in our system related to this issue and i don't know any determined date to fix it for now.
Usually how Wishlist case works is, the more we have wishlist from customer the faster the issue will be fixed. So, i suggest you to visit this link and add you wishlist in there.
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794
I hope this helps.

I will close this case to archive it and if I have any updated related to this feature I will keep you updated.

Best regards,

Al'aaeldin Alsahli
Autodesk Support Team

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 4 of 5
luna.ye
in reply to: abhijit.ghosh

Hi abhijit.ghosh,

I'm sorry that I give out is modify the formatting options. We really can’t flip columns to rows in a schedule in Revit now. Or you can flip this in the Microsoft Excel.Please try to export the schedule to txt, then open it in Excel. Copy the content of the schedule, and open another worksheet right-click to choose "paste special", in the dialog box select “Transpose”. Hope this helps.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Luna Ye
Product Support
Message 5 of 5

Hi luna.ye,

Thanks again for your valuable suggestion. Mainly we want to place the schedule in the Revit sheet not export it into csv/excel. If we export the schedule into csv/excel then your mentioned option is best suitable to do the work.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report