Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit schedule calculated value

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
wwydock
907 Views, 2 Replies

Revit schedule calculated value

i have my revit schedule for mysheet list. its grouped by my SHEET DISCIPLINE parameter and then ordered by sheet number. I want to create a calculated value that uses an if/then formula to apply a numeric value based on the discipline name. I keep getting the error message "Improper use of boolean expressions". I have checked the help menu and I have not seen anything that says i can not perform this kind of function. Ultimately this should be a group if formula inside if formulas to cover each of the disciplines. I have the Discipline for the formula set to common and the type set to number. Below is the formula i am trying to start with.

if(SHEET DISCIPLINE="ELECTRICAL",3,0)

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: wwydock

Currently, Revit does not support the use of Text in conditional statements. This is one of the major limitations to Revit's formulaic capabilities, along with not supporting the combining or joining of Text strings. You will only be able to perform this in the opposite direct, meaning that the SHEET DISCIPLINE text value would have to be driven by the Integer Parameter.
I would encourage you to voice your opinion using the link below, which is frequently provided by Autodesk Support personnel.

Autodesk Product Support

The following link is setup for you to submit feature requests, or feedback, directly to our Development group:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
SteveKStafford
in reply to: wwydock

In the meantime, assuming you are using your own parameter to define the discipline for this, because the built-in discipline parameter is a fixed list which doesn't include Civil or General for example, you could place a number as a prefix to the discipline. Then you can sort the schedule using the parameter by letting the criteria focus on the number portion instead of the text of the discipline. This allows you to use a logical number sequence but also let users read something meaningful without worrying about sequence, it could look like this:

01 General

02 Civil

03 Landscape

04 Structural

05 Architectural

06 Interiors

07 Mechanical

08 Electrical

09 Plumbing

10 Fire Protection

If you associate view types with view templates then users won't need to even assign the value, for the majority of views at least.

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report