Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit rendering

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
lynnette.lane
835 Views, 1 Reply

Revit rendering

Hi everyone, I'm a new revit user, and I'm having a problem with Revit 2011.

I have attached a photo of my wall cladding as an image for rendering.  However, when I render, the color of the rendering is a whole lot lighter than the orignal photo.  To get anything like the rendered color I want, I have to change the photo color so that it is really dark.

What am I doing wrong? 

Lynnette Lane

Lynnette Lane CAD Draughting

Upper Hutt

New Zealand

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ryan.duell
in reply to: lynnette.lane

When rendering, additional calculations are made to the material which fully take into the view lighting system and shader calculations for surface renderings.  This often yields a brighter color than the simple shading color used for shaded or consistent views, but will vary depending on the view lighting or time of day currently in use.  A darker color would occur, for example, for a later time of day.
You could adjust the resulting image values after the render completes using the exposure controls:

When rendering, additional calculations are made to the material which fully take into the view lighting system and shader calculations for surface renderings.  This often yields a brighter color than the simple shading color used for shaded or consistent views, but will vary depending on the view lighting or time of day currently in use.  A darker color would occur, for example, for a later time of day.

You could adjust the resulting image values after the render completes using the exposure controls:

Adjust Exposure

I have included a few additional resources below which I hope are helpful:

Revit Clinic Rendering Posts

Troubleshooting Rendering

Ryan Duell

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report