Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Rendering Backgroung

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
6142 Views, 5 Replies

Revit Rendering Backgroung

I know you can change the color of a rendering background, use and image, change clouds etc but can you just turn the background OFF?  I can't find where to do this in 2013

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
alex60
in reply to: Anonymous

The answer is at the render window. See the attached image.

I hope it will be helpfull.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: alex60

Thats still giving me a background as a color, there is no option for NO background that I can find.

Message 4 of 6
loboarch

@Anonymous wrote:

Thats still giving me a background as a color, there is no option for NO background that I can find.

There is not an option to render without a background in Revit.  You can however export the rendering as a PNG or TIF.  When you export in these formats the background is an alpha channel and when opened in a photoeditor it will be dropped entirly and transparent so another image can be used to replace it. or used without a background.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: loboarch

I found if I select the style: Image, then hit cancel it will still use the Image Style but will show (none selected) which gives me no background.  Guess its a little workaround.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

I think a .png render file type will allow you to have a file without a background or allow you to easily select it and delete it in Photoshop.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report