Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Osnap in sheet view

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
cjp
Enthusiast
1650 Views, 7 Replies

Revit Osnap in sheet view

I am having an issue laying out some sheets in Revit. I have my old Autocad title block converted into a Revit title block. In Autocad I typically snap my square title bars to the corners of my guide lines. In my Revit file I have them as invisible lines. My issue is that I cannot grab the exact corner of the title bar square to have it sit perfectly in the corner of my guide lines. If I click the move icon I can snap to the " guide lines" but not to the title bar. I would also like to be able to snap my ground/floor planes to one another so they line up across the page in different viewports. I have attached jpeg of my zooming in further to the corner of my guide lines and you will see that my box ends up too far down. Does anyone know how to go about this? I would really appreicate it. 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ennujozlagam
in reply to: cjp

hi, did you use TAB to snap the corner?

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 8
ToanDN

That box is part of your view title family.  It, by design, will not snap to anything, period.

Message 4 of 8
Alisder.Brown

CJP

It is a different process in Revit.

EDIT:

Oops, read the post wrong xD

Have a look on this video Paul Aubin done about guide grids, explains the function perfectly: http://paulaubin.com/blog/revit-guide-grids/

If you want part of the View to snap to the corners of the Guide grids, turn on this visibility of the Crop box, you can snap to the corner of that and move it to a guide grid snap, then turn the crop region off.

Hope this helps 🙂

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Message 5 of 8
Alaaeldin_Alsahli

As 

http://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2014/ENU/?guid=GUID-D0ADD92C-90A9-4F54-84C7-5D050453B032

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 6 of 8
ToanDN
in reply to: Alaaeldin_Alsahli

Are you guys not looking at his question and the attachment before replying?  He is asking to align a custom view title with a corner of the sheet border.

Message 7 of 8
Alaaeldin_Alsahli
in reply to: ToanDN

well there are two questions actually

Well since the view can't be snapped when is is dragged to the sheet or title block then guide grid could be used or use the move feature once it is on the sheet

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 8 of 8
ToanDN
in reply to: Alaaeldin_Alsahli

I stand corrected.

Looks like the second question is answered.   As for the view title, OP would need to manually nudge it to line up with the corner.  A good thing is the other view titles on a sheet can be aligned horizontally or vertically with the first one easily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report