Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit on Windows 8.1

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
506 Views, 5 Replies

Revit on Windows 8.1

I recently partition my hardrive on my MacBook Pro with Retina display and everything seemed to work well. I downloaded Revit 2014 and when I went to open it it seemed to work okay, but the screen at the bottom right tends to flicker on and off nonstop and when trying to save my work it doesn't bring up the menu to choose your destination file. It doesn't also work when trying to load in components. I tried downloading Revit 2013 to see if it would fix it but the same problems appeared. Does anybody know if there is service pack that fixes those programs? Or are those programs not compatible with Windows 8.1 yet.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
tonkata
in reply to: Anonymous

Had the same problem, returned and got my money back for Win8, and returned back to Win7.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: tonkata

Where did you purchase your software at? i bought mine from best buy but they have a no return policy on opened computer software
Message 4 of 6
tonkata

From a local computer store, simply told them it didn't work with the rMBP, and they returned my money.
Message 5 of 6
Jason_S

I am running Revit 2012, 2013 and 2014 on Windows 8.1 without issues, but I am not on a Macbook.  Can you look at the video card and its drivers to make sure they are compatible with and are the latest installed.  Not sure now that all works on a Macbook.

Here is a link to the certified hardware list.  http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?id=18844534&siteID=123112

Message 6 of 6
tonkata
in reply to: Jason_S

You are most likey right Caddman13, I believe it's eaither the Retina Macbook Pro graphics card that is causing the issuse, or even possibly the Bootcamp drivers that are installed at the time of instalation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report