Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit on Mac

220 REPLIES 220
SOLVED
Message 1 of 221
anader1407
104599 Views, 220 Replies

Revit on Mac

Hi why dont make  mac revit architecture I think is as important as the pc

thanks
220 REPLIES 220
Message 21 of 221
mgedal20
in reply to: andrew-cocke

Same here, Current version of Revit 2013 does not support Retina Display. To fix it you need to turn down the resulotion to be not HR.    

Message 22 of 221
aaronlo11
in reply to: anader1407

i want Revit on MAC TOO!!!

Message 23 of 221
aloomans

The 5 % are graphic designers and architects, the 95% are other professions like business, medicine, law, etc..

Please make Revit for Mac's, its worth it

Message 24 of 221
robsam77
in reply to: aloomans

i realy want it to be for mac

i just got a imac about 2 days ago. i am 15 and want to study on this program but i will not go over to make PC never. Man Mad Smiley Mad

Message 25 of 221
steve

Waiting for it for years, I gave up and bought a very powerful new windows workstation. Revit is an excellent BIM program and it just aint coming to Mac anytime soon. It does run in partitions or bootcamp. [cid:image001.png@01CE119C.0FAA6A40] Steve Brown Architect Office: 922 Cedar Grove Road, Broomall, PA 19008 Phone: 610.355.9876 Fax:610.355.2360 Email: Steve@DesignBuildLLC.us Website: www.DesignBuildLLC.us
Message 26 of 221

I'm glad someone said it.  I've had Architects prefer to using ArchiCAD because they were already using Mac computers.  They, however, DESIRED to use Revit but it wasn't available without reconfiguring all of the Macs in the firm.  Had Revit for Mac been available, they would've jumped in with both feet and no support line.  Those numbers totally distort the message.

Message 27 of 221
lharrison2495
in reply to: sdalrymple

This is EXACTLY my reasoning.  If Revit was available for Mac, we'd have switched workstations upon availability.

Message 28 of 221
johnsonbk

A good solutition for those wanting to run revit on their mac might be XenApp, which  is now currently supported.  This is more a solution for mid size firms with an IT department to set it up rather than a boutique design shop. You could have a server that hosts the revit app and broacasts it to your mac.  It should work simular to running vmware or parralells in app mode but would take far fewer resourses from your system (because its on the server).  Just a thought, I haven't tried it myself but I looking into implementing it.

Message 29 of 221
mikorivera10

im an architecture student and in our College we prefer mac as our system but Revit doesn't support it, please do make Revit for mac. That would great if that happens. thank you  

Message 30 of 221
arq20221

common guys is there any plans on revit products soon? 

Message 31 of 221
arq20221
in reply to: rgwhatley

you are very right . i am an architect who is designing in autocad for mac and now uses maya 

but it will be very nice to have revit

Message 32 of 221
arq20221
in reply to: scheible.robert

approved
Message 33 of 221
arq20221

common autodesk make it
Message 34 of 221
arq20221
in reply to: rgwhatley

exactly
Message 35 of 221
arq20221
in reply to: aaronlo11

is these going to happen any time soon?
Message 36 of 221
arq20221

totally agree
Message 37 of 221
AlDavison

I am a very long time Mac user and I dual boot to Windows-7. Windows-7 is a very good O/S and the Internet explorer-10 puts the Safari to shame. I used AutoCad on the Mac and once I switch over to Windows, it's hard to go back. I speak the honest truth. I put Windows on a solid state drive to test Revit and it is very outstanding. Everything is very stable as Mountain Lion. I'm just loving it!

Boot-Camp is free. Try it out and you do nothing but watch Windows boot-up! There is only a few seconds to wait. If you want to go back to Mac O/S, just tell Windows to do it. ...and viola! Your in your Mac O/S.

For the price of Windows, you can have both worlds.

Message 38 of 221
nigel

Hi,

Without offending Autodesk, but have you considered Vectorworks?

I'm on AutoCAD LT on my MAC and really need to get to grips with BIM. Sadly, with Autodesks slow approach on the issue, I've been exploring alternatives. Why buy a MAC if you have to install Boot Camp and the like......defeats the whole object.

Come on Autodesk, listen to your customers or lose them 🙂

Message 39 of 221
rgwhatley
in reply to: arq20221

Vectorworks is not a true BIM, it's more analogous to autocad architecture. Archicad is the only true BIM platform on the mac (and the original BIM program 🙂 )

Message 40 of 221
tonkata

Andrew I too attempted installing Windows 8/Revit 2014 on my rMacbook Pro a week ago, and experienced the same issues you posted. I had to go back to Window 7 which has worked like a dream, only issue I have is the resolution is so **** good, that the fonts on screen are just way too small, but admittedly I love 😄

I too am a advocate in Autodesk getting their act together and porting this software over. It will be very welcomed 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report