Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit ODBC/ DB Link, Export which includes Customised Parameters

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
3705 Views, 2 Replies

Revit ODBC/ DB Link, Export which includes Customised Parameters

I wish to export Revit projects using either the DB Link or the standard Revit ODBC option. I have created my own .rfa objects that have data in both the standard Revit parameters as well as my customised parameters within the objects. However, when I have tried to export the project using either option, my customised parameters are not visible in the resultant databases. Am I creating the parameters correctly? Am I exporting the project correctly? Please see below.

My procedure:

1. Select to create a new .rfa Family,

2. Import a Revit Component (in this example, a bath),

3. Create customised shared parameters that are classed as 'IFC Parameters' (as seen in the attched image "custom01"),

4. Once the customised .rfa object has been saved with the required parameters, import the object into a .rvt project using the Component > Load Family, option,

5. Input data into the object as required,

6. Export the project using both the ODBC and DB Link option. The results of both exports can be seen in the attached image "custom02",

7. Both methods do bring data over from Revit if they have been input into standard Revit parameters but I do not get any of my customised parameters in the tables. For example, in the Revit Plumbing Schedul, all of my customised parameter are visible and editable. When the .rvt project is exported using either the ODBC or DB Link option, the Plumbing Fixtures and PLumbing Fixture Type tables do not include my customised parameters.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I have resolved the issue myself.

For anyone who as the same issue, once you have a Revit .rvt Project open, select the tab Manage > Settings "Project Parameters". The Shared Parameters have to be added to the project individually. Make sure you structure the parameters as you require once the pop-up windows appear.

If you wish to create your own objects with customised parameters, open Revit and create a new .rfa Family. Load or create new objects to the Family file and create customised parameters by selecting the tab Create > Properties "Family Types". 

Message 3 of 3
rbrigido
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm having a similar problem... The difference is that when i export the customised parameters, the values that i specified appear as NULL. Do you know why?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report