Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Not Updating Components Until Finished Editing

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Tyler_SPH
387 Views, 4 Replies

Revit Not Updating Components Until Finished Editing

Not exactly sure to ask this as its a bit confusing.

When im editing a "create-in-place" compnent that I've created, (EXAMPLE: stretch an extrusion to be 3" shorter) revit continues to show the compnent as the original 3" longer size until I click "finish model". Once I click finish and am fished editing the model, it shows the model as the new 3" shorter size i want. A little annoying when im trying to work and see how things are going to fit. It does this for everything when im editing a component, stretching, moving, deleting etc.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Tyler_SPH
in reply to: Tyler_SPH

Also, when i click on such component in 3D view, i get a "Modify Parts" menu at the top, not the usual "edit in place" menu i get in other views.

Message 3 of 5
enslinj

Hi there,

What version of Revit are you using & do you have any service packs installed?

Open Revit, click help & than click about Revit (Black triangle showing downwards next to the question mark in the top Right corner of GUI)

Can you create a in-place, purge & save the project. Please post that file on Forum.

It does sound like it could be a graphics card related, are you using a certified drivers for your Revit version.
What graphics card do you have?

Regards

Message 4 of 5
Tyler_SPH
in reply to: enslinj

I am using Revit 2015.

The issue seemed to have resolved itself overnight. 

I also think it could of been that the compents I have made, I turned into assembly. Once I turned them back to compenents theu seemed to be working fine. Thanks for the help.

Message 5 of 5
enslinj

Glad to hear, wish we had more problems that sort themselves out Smiley Very Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report