Revit Architecture

cemurphy
Message 1 of 3 (319 Views)
Accepted Solution

Revit MEP File Won't Open

319 Views, 2 Replies
11-06-2012 09:17 AM

I downloaded a Revit 2012 file from a MEP engineer that won't load in Revit 2012 or 2013.  I have used their Revit files before, but now it won't work.  The error that occurs is "No element in a secondary option can be referenced by an element outside that option".  This error can't be ignored and only cancel can be selected, which cancels loading the file.  Any suggestions on how to fix this error?  Here's a screenshot of the error.

error_2.JPG 

*Expert Elite*
ccollins
Message 2 of 3 (314 Views)

Re: Revit MEP File Won't Open

11-06-2012 09:21 AM in reply to: cemurphy

There is a Design Option Conflict which needs to be resolved.

Ask them to delete the Design Options (or Accept as Primary ) save the file, and re-send it.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO
Mentor
mike
Message 3 of 3 (313 Views)

Re: Revit MEP File Won't Open

11-06-2012 09:21 AM in reply to: cemurphy

to me like "Design Options" have been invoked and used in their MEP Model. and it cannot find them and or like modles in your to work with.

Michael L. Maloney
Virtual World Designs
VDC & BIM Model Design, Clash & Coordination
mike@VirtualWorldDesigns.com
Building Design Suite Ultimate 2013, 2014, 2015
Charlotte, NC ; Fort Mill, SC
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.