Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit menu missing and dialogs not drawing in front

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
andreas.pettersson
2228 Views, 1 Reply

Revit menu missing and dialogs not drawing in front

Hi!

I have a installation of Revit 2012 (64bit win7) that some times stops drawing dialogs and Revit menu (the big R-button) in front (or something). If I press open, the dialog only pops up if I press somewhere in the revit window, and windows plays that DING-sound (like when you do something you shouldn't do). It feels like a menu draw issue.. The R-button just never displays a menu when I press it.

A restart of Revit fixes the problem, but its annoying and we all know Revit doesn't start very quick...

Any ideas? 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Dear Andreas,

you could check the following points if you have this issue:

1. You may reset the Quick Access Toolbars' settings to the default one by deleting the UIState.dat file.

Please find some more details in the following technote:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=16825244&linkID=9243099

2. You may check the memory conditions of your computer; enough ram, please regularily delete the content of the windows temp folder (you can open the Temp folder by entering %TEMP% in the Address bar of Windows Explorer).

3. You may check the video card+ driver on your computer. Please make sure you are using a certified card+ driver. If there is no test result about the appropriate card, then you may try to use the newest available driver.

You can find the list of our test results on graphic cards on the following link: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/cert?siteID=123112&id=16391880

Kind regards,

Orsolya Balazs
Product Support Analyst - AEC
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report