Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Medical Equipment Planning

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
k.gronos
2338 Views, 7 Replies

Revit Medical Equipment Planning

Good Morning Monday! 

I really just have a few questions of advice for those out there. I have just recently started a new position as a medical equipment space planner. I am new to the medical field and havn't really worked a lot with hospital equipment on projects before so I'm trying to make the process a little easier on myself. 

My questions are: 

1. Does anyone know of a decent website where I could gain some revit families/blocks? 

2. I am under the impression that I will need to personally create a lot of these families/blocks. . . In hopes to keep that process as painless as possible, does anyone have any ideas on where to begin? 

3. From the research I have done so far, I havn't run across any manufacturers who actually have families/blocks on their websites. ( I used to work for an MEP Engineering firm and a lot of times you could simply go to the manufacturers website and they would have autocad/revit blocks for your use.) Does anyone know of a company/manufacturer who does provide this information? 

4. For those of you who have worked in medical planning or even high-technology use facilitie projects, how did you go about your project? Did you create every single stinking block that went into the job? 

Thanks so much for your help in advance! 

Your time is greatly appreciated!!!!! 🙂 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: k.gronos

About websites: Probably Arcat.com, or Seek.autodesk.com. But, you probably need custom families.

About training on families, there are several resources, free and paid. Among the free options, Autodesk provides The Families Guide, which is a document that you can study on your own. Among the paid options, you might consider my online training on families. If you are interested, please contact me by email.

Another option is to hire a content creator to make the families for you.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 8
k.gronos
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Mr. Medina, 

Thank you so much for you quick response. 

I will give the websites a try and see if they can't give me some of the information I am looking for. 

Regarding the training, I will definatly be checking out "The Families Guide" from Autodesk for a little refresher on building  Revit Families. 

Again, Thank you so much for your assistance, I really appreciate it! 

Message 4 of 8
loboarch

Just to clarify, the "Families Guide" information has been updated and incorporated into the wikihelp.  The "Families Guide" is no longer a stand alone document.

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit/enu/2013/Help/00007-Creating0

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 5 of 8

There's also a section of the Whole Building Design Guide that has Guideplates for use with Government projects. Several of these have Revit Families...

David William Edwards
Dave Edwards Consulting
Message 6 of 8
k.gronos
in reply to: loboarch

Thank you! I have already taken a look at some of the literature here and I know the information here will come in very handy for me in the future. 

Thanks so much for your help! 

Message 7 of 8
rdsmediconsult

I am working with Medical Planner. We are from Mediconsult. Malaysia.

We running Revit . We have two department. MEdical Planning and Medical Technology. 

We doing BIM present Room Data Sheet and Room Data Interaction. Our structure documentation is 4 wall.

We can have a group to discuss further.

You can email me at najhan.maikol@mediconsult.com.my

Message 8 of 8
RobDraw
in reply to: rdsmediconsult

I would like to think that after 6 years since this post was last active, that the OP would be all set in this aspect. Either that or no longer is in the field.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report