10-18-2012 04:42 PM in reply to: Charles_Shade

revit lt doesn't have in program rendering

you have to use the cloud rendering

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 12 of 20 (391 Views)

Re: Revit LT

10-18-2012 05:01 PM in reply to: Charles_Shade

Well, Charles, welcome to the Revit forum. I know you have contributed for a long time to the AutoCAD forums, but as you have seen, the request for BIM has come from your client. It had to happen, sooner or later.

In a certain office where I provided implementation some time ago, some users who were taking the class were reluctant to abandon AutoCAD, until the boss who was paying for the training had to get serious with them, telling them that the office was officially switching to BIM, and that those who did not want to switch had to leave. So it was "BIM or job". All of them chose the second option.

Another friend of mine, long time AutoCAD user, became a Revit fan overnight after losing the opportunity to do a large contract job for not knowing Revit/BIM. So, what did he do the next day?, start learning Revit. Today all his work is in Revit, and he is not going to do any more jobs with AutoCAD, after having used it for about 25 years.

In summary, go ahead, the change will bring good news for you. If you get stuck, there's always some good help around.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 13 of 20 (369 Views)

10-19-2012 06:16 AM in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Thanks.

I know its time to move on to another platform.

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
*Expert Elite*
DarrenP
Message 14 of 20 (361 Views)

10-19-2012 07:09 AM in reply to: Charles_Shade

you can go to the revit lt suite that includes autocad lt and revit lt

that way you dont lose your autocad lt if you decide to go back to it

*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 15 of 20 (347 Views)

10-19-2012 09:09 AM in reply to: DarrenP

That has been suggested to go thru a reseller to keep the two at this time.

I suspect the I will want the LT for some time to come.

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
*Expert Elite*
Bob_Zurunkle
Message 16 of 20 (308 Views)

10-22-2012 08:50 AM in reply to: Charles_Shade

Go on over to the dark side Chuck! Revit LT was made for setups like yours and mine. I hope to spend my hard-earned next year's tax return on adding Revit LT to my software corral. It is intended for small office usage like this. Anyway, I think what is being said regarding rendering is, Revit LT will probably show the basic graphic display types, which are wireframe, hidden, and shaded at least. Revit has a fourth called Realistic, but I am not sure if LT has it. But to do a photorealistic render using LT, means sending it to The Cloud (free with subscription). You cna always ask your reseller directly :smileyhappy:

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted :smileyhappy:
*Expert Elite*
DarrenP
Message 17 of 20 (298 Views)

10-22-2012 10:22 AM in reply to: Bob_Zurunkle

revit lt does have the realistic display type

Active Contributor
M-Town_Drafter
Message 18 of 20 (295 Views)

10-22-2012 10:37 AM in reply to: Bob_Zurunkle

Revit LT does have the 'Realistic' setting.

I was able to upgrade my copy of AutoCAD LT 2010 to the suite, which has AutoCAD LT 2013 and Revit LT 2013.  Using Revit at home to work on skills, create decent families that I don't have time to create at work, play around, and leverage a raise (yeah, I'll see how well THAT works...).  Ended up being about $1050, including 1 year subscription and getting the discs shipped.  I decided it was better than my planned TV purchase.  I recommend downloading Revit LT and playing with it.  I started with 0 training, and it took a little while before the light bulb went on for me, but it was a good move.

Just my $0.02...

*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 19 of 20 (288 Views)

10-22-2012 12:52 PM in reply to: M-Town_Drafter

Thanks everyone.

Autodesk is asking me to Accept one of your answers as the Solution but they all are good.

Not sure that I want to choose one and it's a bit wonky to choose them all.

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 20 of 20 (276 Views)

10-22-2012 02:46 PM in reply to: Charles_Shade

If you want to mark a solution, I vote for your post,  marked as # 13. That's the key to the solution. :smileyhappy:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.