Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit LT work around for "MODEL IN PLACE"

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
GreaneyM
4709 Views, 4 Replies

Revit LT work around for "MODEL IN PLACE"

Is there a work around for creating extrusions in model for Revit LT? i used to use the MODEL IN PLACE tool to make box soffit returns in the full version of REVIT. I went to revit LT & no longer have that option. I know I can create a seperate roofs - thats quite a bit of work to do that. Just wondering if there is a similar tool to use.

Thanx for the help.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
M-Town_Drafter
in reply to: GreaneyM

You can always create a family.  I made one for returns like that.  Give it some parameters, and a cool name, and you're good to go.  I don't believe there's much you can model in place that you can't do in a family.

Welcome to the forum, by the way.  Lots of good info here. 

Message 3 of 5
GreaneyM
in reply to: M-Town_Drafter

Thank you for your imput, I have'nt dabbled much in the creation of families. I know eventually I am going to have to learn how to do it. I know it will streamline the process of design for me. Do you know of a couple of good tutorials to watch to get the ball rolling?

Message 4 of 5

Hi,

We use a 'in-place wall' to create mass shapes or components in place with Revit LT. Would that work for you? 

Message 5 of 5

For a super quick and simple model this worked perfectly, can't wait to have a project where I get to push it to its limits. Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report