Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit LT Roof Scissors Trusses

25 REPLIES 25
SOLVED
Message 1 of 26
Anonymous
8417 Views, 25 Replies

Revit LT Roof Scissors Trusses

Does anyone know the best way to create roof scissors trusses with 2' top chord extensions in a Revit LT model?  For instance: a 10/12 top chord and 7/12 bottom chord, with an 18" high energy heel at the outer face of a 2x6 bearing wall.  it would be nice to have these as parametric objects so that sloped ceiling finishes can be applied to them, ceiling insulation, as well as have the truss underside (bottom chord) be the plane that interior partitions clip themselves to.  Thanks for you input.

25 REPLIES 25
Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
in reply to: loboarch

Thanks Jeff; that is good to know. I should have my copy of Revit LT here in about a week. I appreciate your guidance on this, and I am sure on upcoming things. Since I completed Eric Wing's big book on Revit Architecture 2013, it appears that there are about 220 things you need to know how to do in full Revit and perhaps 80% of that in Revit LT. Would you agree with that count?
Message 22 of 26
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: Anonymous

Hopefully you are getting the suite (includes AutoCAD LT) and subscription? Don't forget that subscription entitles you to use of their cloud for renderings 🙂

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 23 of 26
Anonymous

Hello Bob.  Yes sir, I got the Revit 2013 LT Suite, which includes the 1-year subscription and AutoCad 2013LT.  I also ordered the AutoCad2013 for Dummies book, because the version I'm familiar with is over a decade old.  I am sure the interface of AutoCad has completely changed.  Hope my shortcuts still works and that most of the tool icons are the same.  And I hope that I can ramp up on Revit LT quickly enough to have new Revit projects take the place of doing things in AutoCad.  That's the main idea.  I recently finished studying Eric Wing's excellent Revit Architecture 2013 NER, all 1,000 pages.  Looks like there is about 220 procedures that you need to become familiar with for full Revit and I'm going to guess at perhaps 80% (=176+/-) of that count for Revit LT.  Thanks for asking.

Message 24 of 26
Bob_Zurunkle

Well, forums such as this and AUGI are great places to ask questions and get tips. Don't toss your AutoCAD stuff out yet because there are ways to incorporate it into Revit! Smiley Happy

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 25 of 26
Anonymous
in reply to: Bob_Zurunkle

Does AUGI discuss Revit tips?

Message 26 of 26
Bob_Zurunkle

AUGI does have Revit forums...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report