Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit LT is Announced

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
DarrenP
1035 Views, 6 Replies

Revit LT is Announced

More info: http://autodesk.blogs.com/between_the_lines/2012/09/revit-lt-is-announced.html?utm_source=feedburner...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

here is a FAQ i got from the Revit Clinic Blog: http://revitclinic.typepad.com/my_weblog/2012/09/revit-lt.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
bcarriere
in reply to: DarrenP

Will Revit LT have it's own discussion group like AutoCAD LT?

Message 4 of 7
Charles_Shade
in reply to: bcarriere

Need Revit LT Discussion Group

Message 5 of 7

Since all the features of Revit LT are already contained in Revit, this forum contains information about any feature of Revit LT. Maybe a simple addition to the signature indicating that the user is using Revit LT would be enough? That way, we all could be gathered the same place. Just my opinion...

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 6 of 7

Since all the features of AutoCAD LT are already contained in AutoCAD, this forum contains information about any feature of AutoCAD LT. Maybe a simple addition to the signature indicating that the user is using AutoCAD LT would be enough? That way, we all could be gathered the same place. Just my opinion...  Smiley Very Happy

The issue that arises are Full Seat users offering fixes that are not viable, at least in AutoCAD LT.

Most revolve around "How is it even possible to use LT without access to Lisp?"

I'll claim ignorance since I do not know if it is actual prgramming features like Lisp that are not available or if it is only features like native Photo Rendering that have been hobbled.

The idea of a Revit LT Forum would be that those participating would know these limitations and not offer solutions that cannot be implemented.

Message 7 of 7
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Charles_Shade

I currently don't think that the split would be warranted as I believe that the majority* of solutions / work-arounds that work in the full program would still work with LT. If there was a separate forum for LT, then there will definitely be many redundant issues posted in both forums, because the user with LT is not going to search the primary forum, and the user with the full version would be unlikely (I imagine) to search the LT forum. However, there MUST be some sort of tag for Revit LT.

There are already redundancies between the three flavor forums as "platform" (applies to all three) questions are posted in he forum that corresponds to the user's flavor. If an MEP user has a question about text types, is he going to search the Arch forum first? Likely not. AUGI has a separate forum for "General Platform" questions, but I think that they over-diversified their Revit forums.

*This is just my initial opinion without really evaluating LT myself.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report