Revit Architecture

Active Contributor
rjimenez00
Message 1 of 4 (1,300 Views)
Accepted Solution

Revit LT, has Structural or MEP features?

1300 Views, 3 Replies
04-18-2013 03:52 PM

Hi everyone!

I'm doing a comparative version of features between Revit and Revit LT, but I have not found in any place about the structural features seen in the ribbon.

Also want to know if Revit LT has MEP features.

Thank you for your time.

Revit LT does NOT hanve any tools for MEP. MEP elements would be able to be seen if you had a model with them but you can't author any MEP model elements with Revit LT.

There are a few limited tools for structure but this is really only to place these elements.  You can't do any loading conditions, analysis, or manipulation of the analytical model.

To add to Jeff - one of the big structural features that is not there is being able to add trusses and a slab foundation

I have had a lot of questions on that...

Just wanted to note it...

LD

Employee
loboarch
Message 2 of 4 (1,268 Views)

Re: Revit LT, has Structural or MEP features?

04-19-2013 05:17 AM in reply to: rjimenez00

Revit LT does NOT hanve any tools for MEP. MEP elements would be able to be seen if you had a model with them but you can't author any MEP model elements with Revit LT.

There are a few limited tools for structure but this is really only to place these elements.  You can't do any loading conditions, analysis, or manipulation of the analytical model.

Jeff Hanson
Sr. Subject Matter Expert
Autodesk, Revit User Experience
*Expert Elite*
LisaDrago
Message 3 of 4 (1,255 Views)

04-19-2013 07:47 AM in reply to: rjimenez00

To add to Jeff - one of the big structural features that is not there is being able to add trusses and a slab foundation

I have had a lot of questions on that...

Just wanted to note it...

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Active Contributor
rjimenez00
Message 4 of 4 (1,242 Views)

04-19-2013 08:48 AM in reply to: rjimenez00
Hi Jeff and Lisa,
Thank you for your aswers and time!

Have a great weekend!
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.