Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit LT 2014 roof - pulling down vertex capablility?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jvloman
975 Views, 4 Replies

Revit LT 2014 roof - pulling down vertex capablility?

Hi. I'm at a loss. I've been trying to figure out how to do shape editing on a roof on Revit LT 2014 for the last few days.

All I want to do is have a pitched roof meet a flat roof. What I mean is, imagine taking a half of a pyramid shape and laying it down on a flat roof and joining it. I figured out how to make a dormer of sorts with it being triangular in plan but not being able to pull down that vertex onto the flat roof. 

I work at home at a small business and I really don't know who to ask or how to ask anyone about this question. 

Is it because Revit LT is not capable of doing such geomeries? Is Revit able to? I would think? 

Any suggestions would be helpful. 

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I work in Revit 2014 ...I hope that LT works the same...

Make a second roof , as in the attached recording and use Join Roofs

https://chronicle.autodesk.com/Main/Details/d7892171-6c17-409b-be1b-ce15d0dac3a7

Image 200.png

Image 202.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 5

Wow, Thanks. That was helpful in making the roof, for sure.  Unfortunately, I am having trouble joining them. The error message I get is part of the roof to be joined misses the target face.  Do you know what this means and what I should do about it? 

Thanks again. 

Message 4 of 5

select first the border of the main roof (1) and then the face of the second roof to join to the first...

Image 203.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 5 of 5

Thanks Constantin. Very helpful. I had to undo some joining that I had inadvertantly done before it would accept the correct way you had stated. 

I appreciate it! You've saved me from a lot more headache and strain!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report