Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit LT 2014 roof - pulling down vertex capablility?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jvloman
965 Views, 4 Replies

Revit LT 2014 roof - pulling down vertex capablility?

Hi. I'm at a loss. I've been trying to figure out how to do shape editing on a roof on Revit LT 2014 for the last few days.

All I want to do is have a pitched roof meet a flat roof. What I mean is, imagine taking a half of a pyramid shape and laying it down on a flat roof and joining it. I figured out how to make a dormer of sorts with it being triangular in plan but not being able to pull down that vertex onto the flat roof. 

I work at home at a small business and I really don't know who to ask or how to ask anyone about this question. 

Is it because Revit LT is not capable of doing such geomeries? Is Revit able to? I would think? 

Any suggestions would be helpful. 

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I work in Revit 2014 ...I hope that LT works the same...

Make a second roof , as in the attached recording and use Join Roofs

https://chronicle.autodesk.com/Main/Details/d7892171-6c17-409b-be1b-ce15d0dac3a7

Image 200.png

Image 202.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Message 3 of 5

Wow, Thanks. That was helpful in making the roof, for sure.  Unfortunately, I am having trouble joining them. The error message I get is part of the roof to be joined misses the target face.  Do you know what this means and what I should do about it? 

Thanks again. 

Message 4 of 5

select first the border of the main roof (1) and then the face of the second roof to join to the first...

Image 203.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Message 5 of 5

Thanks Constantin. Very helpful. I had to undo some joining that I had inadvertantly done before it would accept the correct way you had stated. 

I appreciate it! You've saved me from a lot more headache and strain!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report