Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit LT 2014 - Design Options

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
jim
Enthusiast
2541 Views, 6 Replies

Revit LT 2014 - Design Options

I am trying to get acquainted with Revit LT. I have been using Autocad for a 30 years now so it is like a comfortable shoe. Revit not so much but I see great potential. I business is residential plans for builders that need floor plan options. I am attempting to create design options, which help tells me is available but I do not have the design option tab in the manage area as described. I am beginning to believe that is one of the things that differentiate between Revit and Revit LT. Can anyone provide me with information?

Thanks ... 

JimH
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
damo3
in reply to: jim

It is in Revit LT. But for some reason they included an option to turn it on and off unlike full version.
Go to options... there is a tick box to enable design options under user interface....

________________________________________________________________________________
If you find posts have solved your problem, please don't forget to mark them as 'SOLVED' to help others with similar questions. - Thank you.
__________________________________________________________________________________
Message 3 of 7
jim
Enthusiast
in reply to: damo3

Thank you .... It worked. It did take me awhile to figure out how to get to the options. Not having a command line - old habits are indeed hard to break!!

JimH
Message 4 of 7
damo3

Your welcome. glad it helped.

________________________________________________________________________________
If you find posts have solved your problem, please don't forget to mark them as 'SOLVED' to help others with similar questions. - Thank you.
__________________________________________________________________________________
Message 5 of 7
uelsam1

I also cannot see "Design Options" and it does not show up as a tick box under User Interface.  Is there any other setting or place it might be in Revit LT 2014?

Message 6 of 7
jim
Enthusiast
in reply to: uelsam1

@uelsam1 wrote:

I also cannot see "Design Options" and it does not show up as a tick box under User Interface.  Is there any other setting or place it might be in Revit LT 2014?

I had the same problem, just finding the tick box. I have attached a couple screen shots as well. You have to go to options on the "open" screen, its at the bottom right center. That will get you to the correct user interface screen (the second screen shot).

I hope that helps!! 

JimH
Message 7 of 7
uelsam1

oh thats wonderful!  Thanks for the screenshots.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report