Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit LT 2013 - TRIM/MOULDING @ INTERIOR SOFFIT

25 REPLIES 25
SOLVED
Message 1 of 26
tbryanm
2489 Views, 25 Replies

Revit LT 2013 - TRIM/MOULDING @ INTERIOR SOFFIT

I'm using REVIT LT after years of the full version. I never realized how useful and effiecient the 'modeling in place' feature was, and if AutoDesk ever decides to include it in future versions of LT I will never take it for granted as I did before.

As cumbersome as it is, I understand how wall sweeps work and how to add trim/soffits to a roof edge.

I now need to add some trim to an interior soffit. I don't have time to sit and 'trial and error' this to death, does anyone have any tips on how to accompish this, efficiently.

thanks,

25 REPLIES 25
Message 21 of 26
Revit_LT
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Nice to see you haven't changed much Alfredo.

BTW- I'm still waiting for the Revit LT forum. I figure if AutoCAD LT has it, then it's just a matter of time. And I have forever.

Message 22 of 26
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Revit_LT

Well, I don't understand your comment. But, have a nice day and good luck with the family editor.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 23 of 26
Revit_LT
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

"good luck with the family editor"

I'll admit I always will need good luck with the family editor in Revit LT. And I can certainly understand some Revit user's frustration coming to Revit LT, for having only the family editor. But after having used Revit LT for the first 3 or 4 months after its initial release, I acquired a certain faith in that arrangement, a faith I expect will last well into the future. And I am finally totally satisfied with Autodesk's Revit product development and management.

Message 24 of 26
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: Revit_LT

I made a tray ceiling using the soffit tool, and swept a crown moulding. Was I not supposed to be able to do this? Hope the Revit Police don't catch me 😉

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 25 of 26
tbryanm
in reply to: Bob_Zurunkle

Do you mean roof soffit tool? Because if I'm missing something there is no ceiling soffit tool. >>> Sent from my iPhone
Message 26 of 26
Revit_LT
in reply to: Bob_Zurunkle

I suspect this thread will get more readers over the coming years than almost any other thread. Simply because everyone wants to know what Revit LT can't do that the full version can. And it's the lack of in-place modeling that so many don't understand. I would like to add something else to this. In-place modeling is more like a manual detailing operation. In a way it's not even part of the model, yet it moves with the model. I think that kind of operation would be most useful near the end of a large project, when you wanted to add a lot of model detail. But then Revit LT is not intended to finish a large project anyway. It certainly doesn't have MEP like the full version, and you can't finish a project without that. The reason Revit LT is so ideal for me is because I only work the first stage of any project. I convert a concept sketch into a Revit based project. Leaving it with mostly generic elements, ready to be passed on to the full version of Revit where all the disciplines work together on the final stages of the project.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report