Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit LT 2013 stability issues

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mccotterarchitecture
569 Views, 4 Replies

Revit LT 2013 stability issues

I have run Revit 2012 on this computer without any issues, but recently switched to Revit LT 2013 and have been having a tremendous amount of problems with it crashing.  I am working on a quad core i7 laptop with 32 gb of ram and a Nvidia GeForce video card with 4gb of ram.  The operating system is Window & 64 bit. 

When I initially installed 2013 it would randomly crash on close.  The file was always saved even if I didn't save before close and let it save through the closing process.  It would send a report to Autodesk, but this was an error that I could honestly live with since it didn't cause problems while I was working.  

On rare occasions it would crash while I was working in the program.  No warnings, and no report to Autodesk, it would just close and not save what I had been working on.  Becoming a bigger fan of constantly saving.

It also crashed when I was working in the file manager either opening, doing a save as, etc.  I narrowed this arrow down to clicking on a folder with the right mouse button (hoping to rename the folder).  The easy fix was to stop doing that.

However, recently it seems to have begun to crash far more often, many times at ten to fifteen minute intervals.  Some of the occasions it occurs at are:

-trying to change the end location or arc of a leader

-editing the boundary of a fill region (when launching the trim command)

-using the paste command to copy linework from one detail to another.

Each time it will crash it will come up with the window that the program has stopped working and windows is looking for a solution.  Eventually windows closes the program.

I have tried turning off the 3d acceleration in Revit and that had disasterous results.  Revit would load but immediately when loading a file and trying to display the image/drawing.

I am wondering if anyone else has been having these issues or if there are any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tim

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

To get a better idea of what is happening; please reply with the journal file from one of the sessions where Revit crashed.

You should be able to find the journal file here:

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit LT 2013\Journals

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 3 of 5

Thank you for the directions to the Journal File.  I figured it would help but wasn't sure where to find it.  I will include the last two, though I have countless to pick from 😉

Message 4 of 5

It looks like the crash wasn't caught in either of those journals.

The following process should allow you to generate the log:

1. Control Panel > Admin tools > Event Viewer.
  2. Go to Windows Logs > Application (and System).
  3. Go to Action>"Save All Events As".
  4. Save as "Application Event Log.evtx"

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 5 of 5

Reports are too big to attach.  Is there a place I can email them?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report