Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Linked Files randomly dissappearing

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
323 Views, 1 Reply

Revit Linked Files randomly dissappearing

Alright, I have been working in Revit for over a decade and am totally stumped.  

We have a large project with a number of linked RVT files loaded. The models are in Revit Archtiecture 2014.  Each RVT link is on a seperate workset so we can unload them as needed to speed the models up and for VG purposes with our sets.

In the last day or two we have had an issue where the some of models simply do not show up in any views when loaded.   The Worksets are loaded, the models show as loaded in Manage Links, and the RVT files are set to show up in VG (both worksets, and RVT Links).  

While nothing is showing up in any views, the link does show as loaded (with blue arrow) in the project browser.  I can right click the file in Project Browser and select all instances in project which apparently selects the file and will call up standard information in the Properties dialogue box (where worksets are set correctly in both places) but still nothing in model views.  

This is a global issue in all views,  when it happens. 

Here is the kicker- it seems to be a random user to user issue.    The models might have dissapeared in my file but show up just fine and in the correct location on everyone else's machine other times they disappear on other machines but show up for me.  Also, we have not been able to replicate the issue the same eay each time.  Some times if you change phase mapping it shows up, other times not. Sometimes if you make an adjustment in VG it shows up, sometimes not which is even more maddening. 

After consulting our internal team and going through all of the standard troubleshooting as well as searching the web for similar issues I have come up emty handed. 

Here are the things we have ruled out as being the culprate:

Workset is open, linked model is located on correct workset (in both places of Type Properties)

Model visible in VG

Workset open in VG

Phase Mapping - phases are correct

Model is not Permanently Hidden

Model is Open in Manage Links (as well as all worksets)
All of the files paths are correct.

Again this is a global issue, if it dissappears in plan it dissappears everywhere and vice versa. 

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Anyone else had this issue come up?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Some time ago (we're going back to 2009/2010 here I think) I had a similar issue, where it seemed linked files were being unloaded randomly. I found that it was only happening if users were operating different builds. Perhaps check that everyone has the same build (i.e: got the same update installed)?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report