Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit is only suited to...

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
philipdurban
149 Views, 1 Reply

Revit is only suited to...

I've been using Revit for several years now, and probably haven't commited to it quite as much as I might have done. For example I'm not that good at customising my door and window families as I would like to be.
Aslo, in certain tricky situations I resort to using Sketchup to clarify fiddly bits - and then importing the Sketchup jpgs into my Revit drawing sheets.
As a result, I personally find that Revit makes my buildings a bit blander than I originally intended.
Therefore my question is... Is Revit good for certain types of buildings, and not others? - or do I just need to invest a bit more time fully exploiting it??
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
doug
in reply to: philipdurban

I can't comment on Sketch-up as i've never used it but i can understand your situation as it wasn't that long ago that i started using Revit and found myself falling back on legacy software i was more comfortable with when in a pinch for time or not being able to get Revit to do what i wanted. If it weren't for the luxury of hiring a somewhat experienced Revit user shortly before making the switch, it would have taken much longer to fully commit to Revit. Having now gotten over the initial hurdle of understanding the concepts behind Revit, i find it capable of pretty much anything i can dream up, but it is the details that can bog down the finished model e.g. frieze boards, roof sweeps, cornice returns, when it comes to productivity. These details though are what will take your model from bland to "wham". My suggestion would be to sign up for the next level of training and join a local users group if available. Having someone to lean on that knows more than you in invaluable when struggling with "fiddly bits". Don't give up, it will be worth the trouble, trust me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report