Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit is not rendering the color I selected...

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
tbryanm
9623 Views, 10 Replies

Revit is not rendering the color I selected...

I am trying to render an interior scene with a two color scheme. Brown and Beige. I have two types of walls, one with brown GWB and the other beige. When I render they both are shown as a cream color. Yeah, go figure.

To see if it's just the lighting I change one wall to render as grass. And yes, I get grass. WTF am I doing wrong??

Please, no conjecture and knowledge showcasing. Only solutions.

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
rosskirby
in reply to: tbryanm

When you created the two materials, did you, by chance, just duplicate one and change the color on the Graphics tab?  If so, you'll also need to change the rendering color on the Appearance tab, because it's likely that both of your materials are using the same Appearance asset, although it's impossible to know without seeing your materials properties.  Can you post images of both the Graphics and Appearance tabs for each material?

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 3 of 11
tbryanm
in reply to: rosskirby

Did everything you said. Still the same. I ended up changing the material to
a paint category so I could get it to render correctly. It mucked up my
finish schedule but I will only waste another hour reverting back to GWB. So
efficient! Thanks Autodesk! Once again, you're awwe-SOME!
Message 4 of 11
rosskirby

I can understand your frustration, as working with the material editor and applying/modifying material assets is no easy task.  If you want to post the images of the settings for the materials in question, I'll be more than happy to look at them.  Or, you could create a blank file with nothing but two walls, copy/pasted from your working model, one with each GWB material applied, I could look at them that way.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 5 of 11

Hi Ross,

I'm perhaps having a similar issue and would appreciate assistance:

I have duplicated the default Paint material to create alternative paint colours, also having duplicated the Asset and have changed the paint colour in the new material/asset to what I want. This shows up fine in the material settings and on realistic settings in any view, however when I want to render, the render comes out a light grey (rather than the charcoal black colour I've selected).

I believe I'm doing everything correctly, but this remains an issue. I think if there was an image assigned to the paint material, it would render correctly, but that option is not available with simple paint materials and I don't know if there's a way to add an image. I recognise I could get around this by using a generic material with an image option, but that's an annoying and time consuming work-around for something that should work. Perhaps I'm missing something?

FYI I'm using an educational version of 2016. Thanks for your time.

Cheers

Ben

Message 6 of 11

Hi again,

Actually, having done further testing of my own and bringing in an image of the exact same colour into a material that uses images, I have the exact same problem. Revit simply isn't rendering the colour accurately.

Frustrating. Still, any help or solution would be appreciated. (I can change the colour to something that looks closer to my desired colour so that it shows up pretty close in my renders, but then for any realistic elevations etc., the colour is wrong.

Cheers

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Benjamin_K_Abbott

I'm having the same difficulty. The "paint" won't render, no matter if I make it a new material, add a tint, etc etc etc. I want fascia to be a dark brown and no matter what I do, it's white in the rendering. *sigh*

Message 8 of 11
ToanDN

Did you select a new appearance asset when you create a new material? Do it.
Message 9 of 11
chrisplyler

I'm guessing the two materials share the same appearance asset.

Message 10 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Benjamin_K_Abbott

If you check the 'tint' option then it seems to work....

Message 11 of 11
cmfanonical
in reply to: rosskirby

omg thank you. I'm stuck for 2 hrs and your answer is very helpful. thankyou again!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report