Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit installation problem

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
michaelnsurf
308 Views, 5 Replies

Revit installation problem

Hello,

I have problems to get Revit installed. On my old Laptop the installation was no problem at all. I tried to instal the 3 Autodesk softwares like on my old laptop, as there are AutoCAD 2014, Navisworks and Ravit. I need them for University. But only Ravit is impossible to instal. After the whole installation process it is show that that the installation failed. Does anybody has an idea? I would ber very thankful.

best wishes,

Michael

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

what operating system have you on your computer?

For Revit 2014 you need at least Windows 7 . Windows XP and Vista do not support it...

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=15385625&linkID=21208795#section4

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
michaelnsurf
in reply to: michaelnsurf

i am using windows 8.

the requirements are all good.

my old laptop was not as good as the new one and works all fine.

just having problems installing revit. all other softwares work just fine....

Message 4 of 6

Take a look at your configuration and compare it with the requirements from Revit 2014 WikiHelp

http://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2014/ENU/?guid=GUID-2EF1661C-5A8D-41AC-A28F-9678DDF545CA

See, for instance that it works only with : Microsoft® Windows® 8 64-bit   .......

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 5 of 6

everthii already checked it. everything is fine. have also win8 64bit...

Message 6 of 6

Can you upload the installation log?
You can find it in Windows temporary folder. Hold winkey (the one with windows logo on your keyboard) and R. In run window, type %TEMP%. It will open temporary folder.
Find the latest installation log there. It should give you error code. It will be easier to go from there.
If this post solves your problem, please mark it as solved. It will help others with a similar problem to find a solution.

Kind regards,

Edwin Prakoso
LinkedIn | Website | Twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report