Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit gradient fill blocky

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
marlasmith
2570 Views, 4 Replies

Revit gradient fill blocky

I am printing gradient fills in the background of an elevation and it comes out in blocks on the PDF.  I have attached the results.  I've tried different gradient settings, PDF quality settings, and PDF drivers, same result.  Is there a solution?

M Smith
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
timwaldock5907
in reply to: marlasmith

Bump.

Anyone at Autodesk have a response to this issue?   I am getting the same problem with gradient skies printed to PDF (I've tried several PDF creators, including Adobe);  when I export the view  to jpeg I get exactly the same problem, so its not looking like a PDF issue - seems to be how Revit generates images.  Same problem with Tiff & PNG.  Targa and Bmp exports don't produce a readable image.

RevitCat
Revit Consultant
Sydney
Message 3 of 5
mpwuzhere
in reply to: timwaldock5907

Are you printing as Vector?  Try as Raster...

Message 4 of 5
timwaldock5907
in reply to: mpwuzhere

The same issue happens when exporting an image to jpeg - and you don't get raster/vector options there (obviously).  But yes, of course I tried raster printing to PDF - I tried every single setting buried away in the print options of both Revit and the print driver.   However, it appears not to be anything to do with the printer drivers or graphics cards - I believe it is actually something in the process Revit uses to generate jpeg images.

It is interesting that if you set the view background to "Sky" Revit will automatically create a graded sky background, but you have no control over the colour and very little control over the lightness (it comes out very dark in almost all situations, making it unusable) - BUT, when you export or print this you do not get the stripes.  So that proves that Revit is capable of exporting/printing a graded sky - see attached export image samples (done at 6000 pixels wide). 

RevitCat
Revit Consultant
Sydney
Message 5 of 5
mpwuzhere
in reply to: timwaldock5907

Okay....it's not just you... that's a bummer.

Of course if I was to show our architects that Revit can do gradients they would say "We can do that in Photoshop...thanks anyway"...

But yeah, I get the lines, but not as much as your pics...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report