Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Glitch?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
abilyeu
433 Views, 3 Replies

Revit Glitch?

Hi everybody. I have a situation and I'm not sure if it is a revit issue or if the computer is messing up or if it is user error (more than likely), so I thought I would see if anyone has had this happen to them. I am a CAD instructor and one of my students opened her project this afternoon and the second level of her building is shifted. Well not the entire building, just the interior, the exterior stayed the same. So her doors, text and floors all shifted and cutoff where it hit the exterior wall. We tried opening it up on a different computer and it became worse, an exterior wall was missing. Granted, she may have changed something unintenitonally but she can't think of anything she might have done. Any suggestions on what this could be? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: abilyeu

Was the student using links? It is hard to tell anything without more information.

Maybe a User Glitch instead of a Revit Glitch? 🙂

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 4
abilyeu
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

She was not using links. It is probably just user error but I thought I would check. Thanks for the reply.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: abilyeu

Sometimes if a user uses Locked Dimensions, elements will seem to get "moved" mysteriously. In general, do not lock dimensions.

Were all of the elements that "moved" in a Group (Model Group and / or Detail Group) ? Perhaps the Group got moved, the "ungrouped" ? This is a common mistake for new users as well.

Also, check near the bottom of the screen to see if "Press and Drag" is checked--if so, uncheck it. This can cause unexpected behaviour as well.

Good luck!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report