Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Feature Submission: Visibility Lock / Visibility Manager

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
773 Views, 0 Replies

As Revit continues to gives more ways to change how our views look, managing visibility of objects becomes more and more complex. I've spent a lot of time just hunting down the right visibility setting that will bring back a needed object.

At the firm I work at, someone just circulated an email with a 32 step checklist on setting to check to when you have a visibility problem.

The feature I think would be of a great help is called Visibility Lock / Visibility Manager.

The way it would work is:

1) Navigate to a view where the object you need is visible.

2) Select the object. Right click and choose Visibility Lock from the menu.

3) Navigate back to the desired view where the object is currently hidden.

4) Right click and select Visibility Manager to bring up a separate window.

This window would list all of the settings that are currently causing the item to be invisible in this view. The user would then be able to adjust the settings to make the item visible. There could also be an "Override" Button that would quickly override the settings for just that object and make it visible, as well as a "Reset" button to undo any changes made within the Visibility Manager.

If for some reason the Visibility Manager can't be made to allow adjustments to the settings within the window (I'm not a programmer, perhaps it mucks something else up), allow the window to remain open to refer to while the user then goes into VG or other windows to correct the situation.

Hope it helps. It would be great to see something like this. Our current workflow uses worksharing between offices as well as bring in consultant models. With so many hands touching the model, it's often very difficult to figure out why something isn't displaying. Revit knows why the object isn't being displayed. Hopefully this feature, or something like it, will help us understand why we can't see it.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report