Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

revit family template

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Sentumbwe
321 Views, 3 Replies

revit family template

Hey there...i have revit 2014 architecture...first it lacked any template, then i had to add features which brought a few....i have been want to ceate doors and windows but i cannot see a wall based template.....i have...generic adaptive template....generic model and some others...also the title block and annotation templates are missing......please how can get these templates or convert the ones i have....if there is any link for these downloads please upload it....i will glad if helped..thank you
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
bvm76
in reply to: Sentumbwe

you're on the wrong forum.  try re-posting this to revit architecture forum.

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered!
Thank You.
Message 3 of 4
Sentumbwe
in reply to: bvm76

Kk
Message 4 of 4
rosskirby
in reply to: Sentumbwe

Walls, ceilings, and floors are system families.  You don't create them from a family template.  You select a wall type already in the project (or project template), select Edit Type from the properties palette, select Duplicate, give it a new name, then edit the structure of the wall to be what you want.

Before you do that, I'd recommend spending a few days reading through here on some of the basics of how modeling in Revit works.  There's a lot of good content there.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report