Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit fails on loading splash screen

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
cparsons
213 Views, 4 Replies

Revit fails on loading splash screen

hi all,

we just loaded revit on one of our office laptops so one of our architects could work on it off hours. it fails when he tries to launch it wll the folllowing message:

"The application failed to inititalize properly (0xc0000005). Click OK to terminate to program."

*we have updated the video drivers to the latest version
*we have tried this with revit 8.0 and 8.1
*windows xp sp2
*dell inspiron 6000

I did a decent amount of google research and found a similar issue occurs with VIZ with some video cards. The fix there was to add an environment variable that would prevent the splash screen from launching. I was not able to find a similar fix for Revit.

Anyone seen this or solved it?

Thanks,
Chris
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
sbrown
in reply to: cparsons

Have you turned off Hardware accelleration under windows display properties(not in revit, in windows)?

Try that first.
Message 3 of 5
cparsons

An update.

We put Revit on two identical machines and it launched. Hardware Acceleration was enabled on both.

Autodesk suggests running Windows Update on the laptop to make sure all of the latest patches have been applied. The laptop is in Tahoe so when our remote user wakes up (he's on vacation) I'll ask him to run windows update and we'll see where we are.

Chris
Message 4 of 5
sbrown

did you try with hardware accel turned OFF? We have many machines that require it OFF in order to open revit.
Message 5 of 5
cparsons

yes. the point of my e-mail was that it launches even when it is on.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report