Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit fails every time I try and download it.

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
cwright7080
405 Views, 4 Replies

Revit fails every time I try and download it.

I just bought a new computer for work and have been trying to download Revit 2015 and it is failing every single time. I uninstalled it on my old computer which was a windows 7, however, 2 years ago when I went to install it on the old one, it installed just fine. Could it be something to do with my new one being Windows 8? Please help! I have also attached a screen shot of what it says when it fails.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alisder.Brown
in reply to: cwright7080

You forgot the screenshot 😛

First thing to try, is to turn off your Anti-Virus and firewall. This can cause the install to fail. 

How are you installing? Are you choosing the "Install Now" option? if so, try the "Download now" option or "browser download" If they all fail, good option is to get the media sent out to you. It is possible that there is a corrupt file in the download, so physical media is the solid option.

Could you attach the log file after the install fails, so we can see where it is failing.

cheers

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Message 3 of 5
cwright7080
in reply to: Alisder.Brown

Here is the screen shot. Sorry, I thought I had attached it. I'm going to try and disable my anti-virus and fire wall now and see what happens. I really appreciate your help.
Message 4 of 5
cwright7080
in reply to: cwright7080

Message 5 of 5
cwright7080
in reply to: Alisder.Brown

I disabled my anti-virus and it worked! Thank you so much for your help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report