Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Exporting to dwfx for Design Review

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
shawn.t.jones
3044 Views, 4 Replies

Revit Exporting to dwfx for Design Review

Hi, I am currently trying to export models into dwfx format for design review and freewheel. However, I have a problem opening the dwfx files that are 16,000 kb in size or higher. I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix this problem, or how to make the file smaller in Revit.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ryan.duell
in reply to: shawn.t.jones

Is Design Review simply hanging on attempted DWF \ DWFX open?  I have seen this for larger files or very complex files.  An issue was previously logged with the development team for review and is still active.

I would try hiding any elements that are not essential for the DWF export, especially any very large links or anything far from the origin.  Only the visible elements will be excluded with the exported file so this should reduce the file size.  You can verify if the same issues occurs when you attempt to open the DWF.

Please let us know if this issue should persist.

Thank you, 

Ryan Duell
Message 3 of 5
fvergote
in reply to: ryan.duell

Hi,

we are having the same problems with our plans, especially with the colour schemes. (large hospital building 100000m² in total)   However its not always the same plan.  Is there a solution? What can we do to avoid the problem?

Message 4 of 5

Hello!

When you export from revit to DWFx you can see the layers in dwfx file?

I export the file and I can open it, but the layers are not visible.
Do you know how can I make them visible?

Thanks

Message 5 of 5

the same problem is also occur to me so u do onething....

set the view as 2d wireframe and view which side u require...

in case to view the sectional view of the project then click section box in revit during export to dwfx format

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report