Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit.exe-No Disk

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
gr8210774
2582 Views, 5 Replies

Revit.exe-No Disk

Running Revit Architecture 2012 - Student Version 64bit

Was running fine for some a few semesters, Then started to get this message and the Revit file would lock-Up

Revit.exe-No Disk

There is no Disk in the Drive. Please insert disk into drive\Device\Hard Disk\DR1

I have updated two of the Autodesk Revit Updates, Updated Windows, Ran a Anti-Virus.

It was working OK for a bit then again with the MESSAGE. I am not networking, or File sharing.

I did read a message that was posted last year, followed their direction and comments still locking up.

I did CADD Link files to REVIT, As this might have been an issue for the person posting last year.

Any direction on how to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated 

GR

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
gr8210774
in reply to: gr8210774

TTT

Message 3 of 6
gr8210774

Revit No Disk.jpg

Message 4 of 6
Chris.Aquino

It would appear your Windows setup probably registered a removable device as drive D at some stage (DR1 = drive C) and then later couldn't find it when it started up.

If you have not already, I would try the steps on the following page:

"There Is No Disk in the Drive. Please Insert a Disk into Drive \Device\harddisk\Dr1" Error Message ...

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 5 of 6
gr8210774
Message 6 of 6
TravisNave

Yes, this is almost certainly an issue with a removeable device.  You're going to have to put in the removable device and then change the drive letter.  It's the only way that I know of to fix this problem in Windows. 

• Log on to the computer as Administrator.
  • Insert a disk in the removable drive.
  • Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Manage.
  • Click Disk Management.
  • Right-click the partition, logical drive, or volume that you want to change, and then click Change Drive Letter and Paths.
  • Click the removable drive, click it, click Change, click the drive letter that you want to use, and then click OK.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report