Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit.exe - No Disk ERROR- Need solution!?!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tlawre20
2801 Views, 3 Replies

Revit.exe - No Disk ERROR- Need solution!?!

Error Message:

Revit.exe - No Disk

There is no disk in the drive.  Please insert a disk into drive /Device/Harddisk2/DR2

When I double click on an Revit file that I have made, Revit starts loading but is stopped by an insert disk error.  I think it says that its looking for a hard drive that isn't there or not in use.  (revit.exe - No Disk)  When this message comes up it is impossible to get it off the screen.  I've clicked cancel, try again, and continue more times than I care to count.  The only way to get it off the screen is to go to the task manager and end the process.

I have made sure that my disk drives settings are such that they are always on and never disabled for any reason.  I have tried a full uninstall and reinstall and reinstall again of Revit and other Autodesk products as well.  I am running Windows 7 64bit and have one external hard drive attached with specified drive name not associate with problem.  None of the files I access are on the external hard drive and it is purely for backup purposes. 

I've tried the solution someone posted for an AutoCAD No Disk Error 07-20-2011. And worked at first by doing this for Revit not CAD:

Start AutoCAD.

Any issues? post back with the exact error message.

If no issues, use OPEN command, and seek out your file. Any issues?

If no issues, use OPEN command and open 10 more DWG files. Any issues? If not, save and close each and close AutoCAD. Now try your first method, did the problem go away?

And ran into to similar issues:

I was able to open AutoCAD, then I opened up a total of 11 different drawings (including the one I had issues with the first time), then I saved them all.  I exited out of everything and then tried double clicking on a drawing file.  I get the same error message as before:

acad.exe - No Disk

There is no disk in the drive.  Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk3\DR3

At first it worked for about half a week. But now Revit wont even allow me to open the file completely with this error message:

Revit.exe - No Disk

There is no disk in the drive.  Please insert a disk into drive /Device/Harddisk2/DR2

If this is a Revit issue, it only happens when opening a file.

If it is a hard drive issue, only Revit is affected.  No other applications give the problem.

Anyone know?  Thanks for all the help in advance!

In desperate  need to fix problem. Please help for a solutions.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
LisaDrago
in reply to: tlawre20

If you are on subscription - you should start a ticket with Autodesk support to assist you with this. If not on subscription, contact your reseller and have them do it for you. 

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 4
bill_gilliss
in reply to: tlawre20

Had the same problem in Revit 2013 in a model with a linked AutoCAD Architecture drawing (coincidence?). Whenever I would go to Manage > Materials, Revit would lock up completely - no way out except via Task Manager. Installing Update 1 (7-20-2012) fixed it. So far...

Message 4 of 4

Just had the issue for the first time opening an old Revit Structure 2012 job. It went away after several clicks, and the project seemed to open OK.... It appeared to come up while it was loading the linked in architectural model. Don't know if this made any difference or not, but I had started opening the file in RS2013 before that and cancelled mid-load when I realized it was updatng my model to 2013. That whole non-backwards-compatibility thing is really frustrating when you have to stay coordinated with other disciplines!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report