Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit entourage, cameras and the like

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
andre_dms
1152 Views, 6 Replies

Revit entourage, cameras and the like

I'm new to Revit, and bought to use at my architecture studio.
Please, someone help me with:

> How can I modify the field of view of the Revit cameras?
> How can I made the RPC entourage do not automaticaly "fluctuate"?
> How can I made, or use, entourage that faces the camera? I just want simple silhouettes, not interested in annoying RPC bitmap stuff. This is a so simple thing, I just cannot understand - or believe - that the "building studio" cannot deal with... entourage!
> The Autodesk says a lot about the Revit "design" capabilities, but I cannot find any tools to do 3D design - I can put components and dimension on elevations, plans and ceilings, with a "simulated" inference, but can do about nothing on 3D. Wrong advertising?

If anyone can help with those needs, I will be very thankful.

For now, I'm very, very frustrated with the Building Studio gaps as a design tool.

Thank you all.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
LisaDrago
in reply to: andre_dms

Okay - Lets take this one at a time.

" How can I modify the field of view of the Revit cameras?" 

in what way do you want to modify the field of view? Once the view opens you can use the steering wheel to move around - or youcan adjust the camera placement. Image of the steering wheel attached. To move the camera - select the border of the camera view and then switch back to the floor plan and you camera should show up and you can manipulate it.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 7
andre_dms
in reply to: LisaDrago

Thank you Lisa, for the reply.
I want to modify in an effective way, using camera focal lenght in milimeters, like almost all other software does. The option to use fixed focal lenght could make possible to generate panoramic stills, by modifying the camera boudary box (crop region).
But I just cannot find any way, this or other, to adjust the parameter on Revit - just the camera boundary box, which causes uncontrolled deformation of the visualization image.

About 3D modelling, I really hope Vasari to come solve some of the architectural spatial/volumetric design issues of todays Revit, not just to make slanted walls on the fly.

Message 4 of 7
Chris.Aquino

At this time, Revit does not really have a way of setting specific focal lengths for camera views.

If you would like to have this functionality added to Revit, this link is setup for you to submit feature requests, or feedback, directly to our Development group.

I encourage you to use the feedback link as our Development group is always interested and would like to hear your feedback directly, since you are better suited to state the business case for a feature request.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 5 of 7
vladimir_michl

You cannot set field of view numerically but it can be done - see:

http://www.cadforum.cz/cadforum_en/how-to-change-camera-fov-in-revit-tip8776

Vladimir Michl, www.cadstudio.cz

Message 6 of 7
fg
Enthusiast

3 years later and still no simple silhuoette entourage that faces the camera?  Why is this topic being ignored completely.  I understand you have made a deal with Archivision, ut there should still be some way to do this in the native program.

Message 7 of 7
JLBrennaman
in reply to: fg

very disappointing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report