Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Energy Analysis for Student Licences

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1341 Views, 8 Replies

Revit Energy Analysis for Student Licences

I am a university student I use Revit 2015 student version. I just want to perform energy analysis for my project but software can not permit me to perfom it. When I click on the run energy simulation tool it gives me warning that I do not have any license. How can I solve the problem ? Are there any suggessions ?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
jeffrey.sin
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous, 

Energy Analysis for Autodesk Revit is currently only available when you purchase a perpetual license with Maintenance Subscription or a Desktop Subscription. It is currently not available to use for users of student licenses. 

Thank you, 

Jeffrey Sin

Autodesk Customer Support
Message 3 of 9
HVAC-Novice

Not sure what your project requires and how sophisticated in HVAC you are. But the energy simulation and HVAC load calculation in Revit isn't good at all. At best you could use it in schematic design. It also doesn't let you use complicated HVAC systems etc.

Assuming you are just a student and don't actually design with it, eQuest is a free software. If you want to make actual decision in a real life project you need to use a better costly software, like Trane Trace etc. Then you can simulate all kind of HVAC options and detail them (i.e. use chiller in series or parallel). Revit cannot do any of that. It doesn't have any of the features (i.e. no ERV) and what features it has are not great either. I say that as someone who loves Revit and wishes to do every aspect of design in Revit...  

Revit version: R2024.2
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: jeffrey.sin

Is this still true?  I'm trying to do the same thing.

Message 5 of 9
lynn_zhang

Hi @Anonymous Welcome to Autodesk Community!

Yes it's still correct. Revit Energy Analysis is only available to subscribers of select Autodesk software or to customers who have a current maintenance plan for select Autodesk software. See the details on Overview page. 

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: lynn_zhang

So students account can't use this software? Thanks for your help!
Message 7 of 9
RDAOU

Your statement is not accurate...to avoid any misunderstandings: Students can use the software but not the Energy Analysis Services

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: jeffrey.sin

Hi, i have registered to a course provided by Autodesk  called (Building Performance Analysis) , and i need  (Energy Run Simulation in Revit) feature to complete my course learning

I also have a student license for REVIT . so, you should help me about this problem 

there is course link provided by Autodesk:  http://sustainabilityworkshop.autodesk.com/bpac

Message 9 of 9
RDAOU

@Anonymous

Address your request to AUTODESK education community and they will sort it out for u. A link to edu support can be found in my signature below. Just open it fill the form and they should give u access 🙂 

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report