Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

revit elevation default view height

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
7412 Views, 8 Replies

revit elevation default view height

Hi,

Ive got a problem with creating elevations. When I create an elevation on my floor plan - in this instance level 5 of my 30 storey building I open up the elevation and see the attached view. Its crop region is only 3mm high and therefore only shows me the floor of level 5 instead of the whole elevation of level 5 to the underside of the level 6 slab.

Have you got any ideas on what is causing this.

Regards,

Jeames Hanley

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Change the settings (physically) for the crop region in the template file you are using.

Open template draw a wall

open elevation change the crop region

delete the wall

open splash screen

close hidden windows

save

close

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

Hi,

I assume you are talking about the project template and not the elevation/annotation family template as you cant draw a wall in an annotation family.

In any case this doesnt work for my situation of creating internal room elevations. An elevations extents are automatically determined and extended to room bounding components being the walls floors and ceilings of the room Im elevating. Because walls, floors, ceilings and the levels they are hosted on can change from project to project (the levels in the template may even be deleted and redrawn at the start of the project) this solution doesnt work.

Regards

Jeames Hanley

Assistant BIM Manager

Tags (3)
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

Hi,

Yes I assumed it was an external elevation as the level was in the image.

Anyway, I would need to see the model to help you out further, but my work load is crippling as it is so can't spare that time.

The first thing I would do is to go through the visibility settings (VV) to check if there are any rouge elements causing this.

Do you have Autodesk support where you work?

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Hi Jimi,

Yes it is hard to assist without the model. We do have autodesk support but Im going to keep investigating as its not a huge bug just yet.

yes I tghink it has something to do with the linked and imported files.

Thanks,

Jeames Hanley

Assistant BIM Manager

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

Jeames,

Did you find a solution?  I am having the same problem with the default interior elevation view.

Thanks,

Robyn

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Hi - We've been having the same problem and can add a bit to the above:

We noticed that the room elevations were working fine for some rooms and not for others - more specifically: We noticed that the height extent seemed to just show the floor slab for certain elevations, whilst showing the full height of the room in others.

After some testing, we found that the problem was rooms where an additional floor finish had been applied. What the elevation seems to do is snap to the top of the floor above, which obvisouly presents a problem where you have two floors on top of one another (one being a slim finish floor).

We tried placing the floor finishes onto a new workset, and setting it to invisible to work around the problem. But sadly it seems the elevation is aware the floor is still there as any new elevations created (with the floor finish workset hidden) still snap to the same point (the now invisible floor finish).

So, think we can confirm the cause, but sadly we are no where closer to a solution! - Wonder if anyone has any ideas? 🙂

Message 8 of 9
Ecosse

Well it is now August 2017 and I am using Revit 2016 and still getting the same problem. I tried using a previous view created as a template with no avail. The only work around I have found is just repeat your process of hiding Revit linked grids and levels, hide pipe centres and shade Grids every time I open a new internal elevation. we have a concrete floor slab with vinyl overlay which are created as single floors, not a compound floor. So if any one has a solution I am all ears. I think i have done over 40 elevations in the last week alone.
Message 9 of 9
respresso
in reply to: Ecosse

@Ecosse wrote:
Well it is now August 2017 and I am using Revit 2016 and still getting the same problem. I tried using a previous view created as a template with no avail. The only work around I have found is just repeat your process of hiding Revit linked grids and levels, hide pipe centres and shade Grids every time I open a new internal elevation. we have a concrete floor slab with vinyl overlay which are created as single floors, not a compound floor. So if any one has a solution I am all ears. I think i have done over 40 elevations in the last week alone.

We made an add-in that automatically creates and updates the outlines for an interior elevation with 1-click, as demonstrated in this video https://youtu.be/XR93k-7ij-o. I wonder if it handles your situation well. If you would like to give it a try so we figure this out, that'll be great.  @Anonymous @Anonymous @alise.lukas @mjohnston @naomi 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report