Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit DWF export - Quality

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
dgt.mantis
4639 Views, 2 Replies

Revit DWF export - Quality

I am attempting to export my Revit sheets and the 3D view to DWF to allow our project architects to view in Design Review.  The quality initially was horrible.  The drawings were almost unreadable do to heavy pixelation.

I went into print settings and corrected the print size (from 8.5x11 to 30x42) and adjusted the raster quality to high.  This produced sheets in Design Review that are readable.  However, it takes forever to cycle through the sheets (upwards of 30 to 45 seconds for the sheet to appear).

What am I doing wrong?  Is there a way to get good quality sheets in DWF form without the huge lag time to view them in Design Review?  At this point DR seems worthless to us and to have to purchase Revit just so the project architect can view files would be ridiculous.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.     

Regards,

dgt

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ryan.duell
in reply to: dgt.mantis

For the Revit Sheets, is it possible to use the default Print Setup > Hidden Line Views > Remove Lines Using > Vector Processing?  This should create smaller, faster loading, and more crisp lines by default.  
Raster Processing is reserved for 3D views or sheets which contain shadows, gradients, images or similar elements which must be translated as an image file.  Typically this is where you see the longer load times, as the entire sheet is handled similar to an image.
Prior to DWF export, I would verify this is set > Vector Processing if possible similar to the image below:
Thank you,

For the Revit Sheets, is it possible to use the default Print Setup > Hidden Line Views > Remove Lines Using > Vector Processing?  This should create smaller, faster loading, and more crisp lines by default.  

Raster Processing is reserved for 3D views or sheets which contain shadows, gradients, images or similar elements which must be translated as an image file.  Typically this is where you see the longer load times, as the entire sheet is handled similar to an image.

Prior to DWF export, I would verify this is set > Vector Processing if possible similar to the image below:

Image Example: http://screencast.com/t/yKRzRr91J1

Thank you,

Ryan Duell
Message 3 of 3
dgt.mantis
in reply to: dgt.mantis

Thats exactly what the problem was.  Thank you so much!  The file is much faster.  It also went from a 40 mb file to a 12 mb file.

Thanks again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report