Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit doesnt render when I change a simple material from brush to spray etc

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
xamenos
2923 Views, 3 Replies

Revit doesnt render when I change a simple material from brush to spray etc

Ok so I used to talk about Revit 2011 how its an amazing software and enjoyed working on it until it became retarded today all of a sudden and now we dont talk anymore.

Seriously though, I am trying to render a simple 3D view and Revit really messes up with me in the point that I uninstalled it and reinstalled it. But no.. it still so badly stupid that infected my .rvt file as well so I am not saving it.

So here is the deal:

I have this Project I am making for university and because I was lazy I used a particular Material for each wall and ceiling, roof, floor. It was cloned after Plasterboard and named Plasterboard 2 gloss (because I wanted it to be as white as clothes with Daz and glossy because I liked it that way, anyhow). Nothing complicated here, just a simple wall paint and nothing else. No texture, nothing like that.

So I do this: Open the file with my mensa iq level Revit, press render - RENDERS FINE

Then I decide that I want the colour to be yellow or be painted with a brush or anything stupid like that, so what I do? I edit Plasterboard 2 thats right. Press render - and BAM theres my house with no walls no ceilings, no floors no roofs only the furniture levitated above the grass by some unknown force or david blaine.

Really, its not anything with visibility settings, I have everything checked. I see the house as it should be in realistic mode, the problems exist when the Mentally retarded Ray kicks in to render or pretend that it renders

Anyone have a clue of what could be the solution here, I tried making a new material and assigning it to all that was Plasterboard 2 but still, some floors are misbehaving. Anyway, It shouldnt be doing this is the first place.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ryan.duell
in reply to: xamenos

I have seen 1 or 2 isolated occurrences of this behavior.  There was actually a blog post below describing what I believe is the same issue as well:
It appears that some files can become corrupt in the user profile, as described in the above post.  On the other instance I came across, deleting the user temp directory and uninstalling \ reinstalling the material libraries resolved the issue [which is much less intensive than creating a new profile].
I have included the process I would like you to test below:

1.  Close Revit 2011.
2.  Navigate to your temp directory at the location below:
%Temp%
3.  Delete everything you can in this folder.
4.  Uninstall then reinstall the Autodesk Shared 2011 Material Libraries using the 2 links below:
Please ensure to follow the specific order described to uninstall and reinstall the libraries; they must be performed in that order only!
Please let us know if this is helpful in resolving the issue!  Thank you,

Ryan Duell
Message 3 of 4
episode_2
in reply to: ryan.duell

Hello Ryan,

I have a similar problem with  rendering on my REVIT 2011  64 bit windows 7 . 

I was testing the exact same view in one of our projects on 4 different PCs in the office. On 2 of the PCs the material and the objects don't show up, on one of the PCs the material appears black and on one ( not even my own PC) it renders correctly.

As I mentioned before...all the same view in the same project. We work here with 120 people on REVIT and I am a design architect, who is rendering with REVIT all the time since 2 years now. 

This problem did not happen the last 2 years and suddenly we have ( in the same project) this major issue.

Any idea how to handle that? Appreciate your help 🙂

Gottfried

design architect

Message 4 of 4
ryan.duell
in reply to: episode_2

Thank you for the update.  Were you able to verify the steps in my previous thread on this subject?

1.  Also, make sure the reset the UIState.dat file on a workstation where this occurs.  You can use the technical solution below:

Resetting the Autodesk Revit 2011 user interface

2.  Lastly, try having a new user log on [who has never logged on previously] and test the same steps as it appears to be user profile specific.

Thank you,

Ryan Duell

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report