Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit display issues

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
robert.herzog
860 Views, 9 Replies

Revit display issues

I have a floor plan that does not appear in either 2D or 3D.  Is there a way tom locate the plan on the screen if you can't see it, or perhaps it's zoomed out to far to see?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
CoreyDaun
in reply to: robert.herzog

Perhaps it's as simple as Zoom Extents? By default, you can just press "ZE". If you open a new View while in another, Revit tries to keep the view's initial 'zoom' so that you're looking at the same area, but if that are is cropped you get a blank screen. Also, check the View's Crop settings under Properties.

If that doesn't solve the issue, we'll need more info, such as what version are you running? Are you working with a Linked Model? Do you have other 2D / 3D Views in which you don't have this issue?

⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗
Welcome to the Autodesk forums, robert.herzog!
Feel free to post any questions you may have! There are many experienced users here who generously contribute their time and effort to supporting
their peers. This is an open, peer-supported forum, so feel free to contribute any useful information or experiences to any of the topics you see here.
We hope you'll stick around a while and help strengthen the value of this community!
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Be sure to review the Ground Rules, visit the FAQ Forum, and use the Search feature prior to posting a question, as it's likely been asked before.
⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 10
robert.herzog
in reply to: CoreyDaun

ZE didn't help.  I still don't see the elevation markers or the floor plan.  The Crop View is not checked.

I'm running Revit 2013.

Bob H.

Message 4 of 10
robert.herzog

I don't have any linked files.  I did try to import an ACAD file, but it didn't show up.  Perhaps that is the problem?

Bob H.

Message 5 of 10
CoreyDaun
in reply to: robert.herzog

Are there any elements visible in any other Views in your project? Maybe the Phase of the View (in Properties) is set to 'Existing' so that your new elements are not visible? Can you create a new Wall and then see it in 2D or 3D? Can you place a new Elevation?

Edit: If you imported a CAD drawing, than maybe it exists below the Cut Plane. Go to View Range (under Properties) and set the Cut Plane to 0' - 0".

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 6 of 10
robert.herzog

Phase Filter is: Show All

Phase is: New Construction

Message 7 of 10
robert.herzog

Just tried a new wall.  The scale was so small it came up as a single line.  My project is at 0,0.  Is there a way to locate that on the drawing?

Message 8 of 10

Check your worksets...could be that you are importing your cadfile with workset set to NOT display.

Message 9 of 10

Thanks,

I did manage to find my inserted ACAD drawing.  The probelm I have now is that it's miniscule, and the other floor plan I started is also (which I have not been able to locate).  Should I rescale the drawing?

Also, I lost my elevation markers in this debacle.  Do I just add new ones to match this drawing now?

Bob H.

Message 10 of 10

I deleted the inserted file and got back the current drawing. 

Thanks all.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report