Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Detail Lines not appearing

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Formspace
492 Views, 1 Reply

Revit Detail Lines not appearing

OK, was starting a post here, and since I eventually solved it, it became a "note to self".

Lines drawn in Annotate tab, detail, detail lines, are in the view template/ view properties, V/G overrides Model tab, under "Lines".

To me, it's an illogical arrangement, and if I can customize this in some way it would be amazing and instructions very appreciated, but I have a tough time with 2D annotation objects being in a model V/G overide environment.  Call me an old CAD dog.  

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
rosskirby
in reply to: Formspace

It's listed under the model categories because it also controls model lines.  I can see your point, but there would have to be two completely separate sets of line styles (i.e. Thin_model and Thin_annotation) to have them sorted otherwise.  And doing that brings up a whole other set of coordination issues (i.e. do you want your Thin_model lines and Thin_annotation lines to be the same weight, etc.).

You're probably fighting an uphill battle on this one, but you could always log it as a feature request.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report