Revit Architecture

Benway802
Message 1 of 2 (384 Views)

Revit Decal

384 Views, 1 Replies
08-22-2013 07:18 AM

I've tired using a revit decal to render a photo of a site plan. When I just put the image as a jpg in my site plan the image looks completely fine. When I add it as a decal it comes in blurry when I render the image. Any suggestions why one is blurry and the other is not?

*Expert Elite*
constantin.stroescu
Message 2 of 2 (354 Views)

Re: Revit Decal

08-22-2013 11:01 AM in reply to: Benway802
  1. Do you render in cloud Autodesk 360 or in your machine? Decal had some problems when rendered in cloud. As I know many of them were fixed, but some inaccurace can still exist...
  2. When you insert a jpg image in your site plan this is not affected by lights, it is inserted just as it is..
  3. When inserted as a Decal , the image is affected by light..see Decal Types Settings...you have there Reflectivity,Finish (glossy - shines ), Luminance, etc....all these affects the original bitmap look...Rendering settings also can affect the bitmap appearance...

These can be some logical explanations ....

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.