Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit DB Link and Access 2013?

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
klubeley
1732 Views, 12 Replies

Revit DB Link and Access 2013?

Does anyone know if Revit DB LInk 2013 is compatible with Access 2013? If not, is there any word on an update coming out soon?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
alan.quinn
in reply to: klubeley

Revit DB LInk 2013 is not compatible with Access 2013, but I'm guessing it will be addressed in the not to distant future.

Thanks for posting.

Message 3 of 13
allarkin14
in reply to: alan.quinn

The reply about the not too distant future is a year and half old now, has there been a hotfix yet?

We have one user in our office with MS Access 2013 (32 bit) and Revit 2013 (64 bit) installed. It's my understanding that it's not only the version year, but also the bit difference that will be incompatible.

Also - Is it possible to export to MS Access  2007 without having Access installed on my machine? The dialog box is all grayed-out.

How can we get this feature to work?

Message 4 of 13
kellilubeley
in reply to: allarkin14

I have used DB Link successfully with Access 2013. Although it may not be officially supported yet, I haven't experienced any issues. At this point, I'd say use at your own risk. You definitely have to have the same bit version. DB Link will only work with 64 bit Access. I have not tried working across multiple releases of Access as it is our company policy not to. 

You have to have Access installed to be able to complete the export. Anyone else can work in Access without having Revit installed. 

That's as much as I know. Hope it helps.

Message 5 of 13
allarkin14
in reply to: kellilubeley

That was extremely helpful, thank you.

Message 6 of 13
kellilubeley
in reply to: allarkin14

Any time. We have some DB Link workflows fully implemented at our firm, so if you have any questions, I'd be happy to help.

Message 7 of 13

Hello, 

where could I download the RDB link for revit 2011 ?

Message 8 of 13
nmysorewala
in reply to: mohamed.hakam

In the Subscription Center Under Product Enhancements

http://subscription.autodesk.com/sp/servlet/download/index?siteID=11564774&id=14499814

(you will need credentials with a valid subscription contract to download

BIMologist
Message 9 of 13
mohamed.hakam
in reply to: nmysorewala

Thank you, but how much would that cost !!!
Message 10 of 13
bss
Explorer

@Kelliubeley I'm t rying to setup a db link. We just installed access 2013 64-bit and I'm running Revit 2014 64-Bit, but my export and edit and import buttions are still greyed out. Any advice you could give to get me up and running would be great. Thanks

Message 11 of 13
kellilubeley
in reply to: bss

You need to install the Revit DB Link plug-in for 2014 and you also have to install the Access 2010 Database engine x64.

Message 12 of 13
bss
Explorer

Thanks I've done the first part, but I'm not sure I understand the second part. I have Access 2013 installed. What do you mean the 2010 database engine?

Thanks

Message 13 of 13
bss
Explorer

Thank you I think I figured it out.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report