Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Content (Educational Warning?)

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
amason43
1158 Views, 4 Replies

Revit Content (Educational Warning?)

To get up and running, I am gathering content from all over the place.  I've heard of people having the problem of getting AutoCAD drawings marked with an 'educational' plot stamp by using items that were created with an educational version of the product.  Is that something I need to worry about with Revit?  If so, is there a warning that you are about to do that to a project?  I've been mostly using Google search, Sweets BIM Collection and Autodesk Seek to find content.  Do I need to be careful about where I pull stuff from?  Any other suggestions?  Seems that there is a lot of stuff I need that isn't provided OOTB...

Anthony Mason - CAD/BIM Manager
Nichols Melburg & Rossetto Architects + Engineers
Blog: Daily Occurrence
AutoCAD Architecture 2008 SP2 / Revit Architecture 2011
Microsoft Windows XP SP3 / Google Chrome
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I regularly download content from the sites you listed and from Revitcity.com and have never had an issue with content from those sites.  However, I have not brought educational created conted into professional in order to see if it causes the stamp to appear, so only half an answer.

Lawrence

Message 3 of 5

Thanks Lawrence.  My biggest concern is that I'll get educational content inadvertently.  Anyone know if there is a warning that notifies you to keep that from happening?

Anthony Mason - CAD/BIM Manager
Nichols Melburg & Rossetto Architects + Engineers
Blog: Daily Occurrence
AutoCAD Architecture 2008 SP2 / Revit Architecture 2011
Microsoft Windows XP SP3 / Google Chrome
Message 4 of 5

I've yet to receive any educationally created files. But, I can tell you in AutoCAD you get a warning during the initial import/insert/xrefattach operation so you can elect to NOT bring such data into your AutoCAD file "inadvertently"....I'm quite certain Revit would contain the same type of warning BEFORE the link or data is imported.

Message 5 of 5

Hello,

Revit files do not get "infected" so to speak by educational versions like AutoCAD files do.  You are at no risk when opening or loading a family into your project that was created in a educational or student version of Revit in a commerical version. 

Educational or student versions only print four black bars on the edges of prints when you print from the versions, but it doesn't care over if you open the file in a commerical version. 

I hope that this helps,

Harlan Brumm
Sr Product Line Manager, Core Capabilities and Collaboration Services

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report