Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit cannot find central model "perhaps due to a lost network connection"

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Eduardo2012
9851 Views, 3 Replies

Revit cannot find central model "perhaps due to a lost network connection"

My network is a local Windows home group. Central file is in a desktop, local files are in other computers. None of the local files recognize the central model and the error message of this post title appears when opening my local files.

Honestly I've spent all day long looking for solutions, trying different things, reading my 2 books, autodesk help, forums, etc....... Just gave up.

Several solutions are posted in different sites but I don't understand most of them, for example:

1.-"make all computers have the same path". How??? Computers reading the main one are giving a \\computername\ prefix. How is that changed? My 3 workshared files have EXACTLY the same path and drive letter. It's just that this windows network forces them to read the path with the prefix.

2.-I've created local files in the remote computers by opening the central file from the network. Same results.

3.-I've created local files in the remote computers by copying the central file via USB. Same results.

4.-I've created local files in the remote computers by making the local copies first in the main desktop. Same results.

One site said the solution is to make my local files "central", and then local again. But if I do that, then this local file will be syncing to the new "central" file rather than the original central file which is not the case because there's a third user who also needs to sync with the original central file.

In my home group network I have mad sure the whole folder and the central file are shared with permission to read and write. 

Help appreciated!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ennujozlagam
in reply to: Eduardo2012

hi try this link, might help you. hope it helps

http://images.autodesk.com/latin_am_main/files/Multi_User_Collaboration_Revit_8-10.pdf

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 4
Eduardo2012
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Yes ennujozlagam I actually have that document printed out and full of yellow highlights. Unfortunately it describes ideal and straightforward conditions. Thanks anyway.

Message 4 of 4
Eduardo2012
in reply to: Eduardo2012

Solved!!!!

I am giving credits and the step-by-step solution. Follow this link

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report