Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Building 9 don't install on Windows Vista Beta 2 64 bits

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
558 Views, 11 Replies

Revit Building 9 don't install on Windows Vista Beta 2 64 bits

I'm a beta tester program for a Windows Vista Beta 2 64bits. In the middle of installation's Revit Building 9, the process down with this text above:

MDAC 2.6 Sp2 cannot be installed on this machine. MDAC 2.6 Sp2 requires any one of the following configurations:

Microsoft Windows 95 or 98 with Y2K Update 2 and Internet Explorer 4.01 SP2 or later
Microsoft Windows Millennium
Microsoft NT 5 SP5 (or greater) and IE 4.01 SP2 or later
Microsoft Windows 2000

Setup will exit now. Please restart the Setup after installing the necessary updates to this machine.

Doesn't matter, I install this versions MDAC (2.6, 2.8 Sp1) and don't work anything. I'm install finish beta 3 of .net framework and nothing.

Help-me, please!
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I would take this to the beta groups for Vista 64 bit for additional help.
Revit 9 is not written to run in the Vista or 64 bit environment.

--
Jeff Hanson
Autodesk Product Support
Building Solutions Division
Manchester, NH

wrote in message news:5245247@discussion.autodesk.com...
I'm a beta tester program for a Windows Vista Beta 2 64bits. In the middle
of installation's Revit Building 9, the process down with this text above:

MDAC 2.6 Sp2 cannot be installed on this machine. MDAC 2.6 Sp2 requires any
one of the following configurations:

Microsoft Windows 95 or 98 with Y2K Update 2 and Internet Explorer 4.01 SP2
or later
Microsoft Windows 2000

Setup will exit now. Please restart the Setup after installing the necessary
updates to this machine.

Doesn't matter, I install this versions MDAC (2.6, 2.8 Sp1) and don't work
anything. I'm install finish beta 3 of .net framework and nothing.

Help-me, please!
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous

I do not believe that the Autodesk will not be brought up to date in function of the new operational system of the Microsoft. In November of 2006 and January of 2007, the new versions of the Windows will be available and the future of the Revit Building is uncertain, since the Archicad already possesss support to the Seen Windows and the platform 64 bits.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

I am an user gotten passionate for the Autodesk and am always bringing up to date my applicatory in the measure of the possible one. Now that I possess the new version of the Windows Vista for 64 bits, I at least do not obtain to see the possibility of the Autodesk in promoting the update of its products stops with the market.
Message 5 of 12
Steve_Stafford

It is a bit unrealistic to expect Revit Building 9 to support a beta version of an operating system, no?
Message 6 of 12
jafo291

CAtarro_azul quiero ver esos mensajes en español.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

Soy un programa beta del probador para Windows Vista Beta 2 64bits. En el centro de Revit de la instalación que construye 9, el proceso abajo con este texto arriba: MDAC 2.6 Sp2 no se puede instalar en esta máquina. MDAC 2.6 Sp2 requiere de las configuraciones siguientes: Microsoft Windows 95 o 98 con la actualización 2 de Y2K e Internet Explorer 4.01 SP2 o un NT más último 5 SP5 de Microsoft del milenio de Microsoft Windows (o mayor) y IE 4.01 SP2 o Microsoft Windows más último 2000 La disposición ahora saldrá. Recomience por favor la disposición después de instalar las actualizaciones necesarias a esta máquina. No importo, instalo este las versiones MDAC (2.6, 2.8 Sp1) y no trabajo cualquier cosa. Soy instalo el final 3 beta de marco y nada del net. ¡Ayudar-yo, por favor!

Jeff Hanson (Autodesk): "Llevaría esto los grupos beta para el pedacito de Vista 64 para la ayuda adicional. Revit 9 no se escribe al funcionamiento en el ambiente de Vista o de 64 bits."

Jo: "No creo que el Autodesk no será traído actualizado en la función del nuevo sistema operacional del Microsoft. En noviembre de 2006 y enero de 2007, las nuevas versiones de Windows estarán disponibles y el futuro del edificio de Revit es incierto, desde la ayuda de los possesss de Archicad ya a Windows Vista y la plataforma 64 bits."

Jo: "Soy un usuario conseguido apasionado para traer de Autodesk y de la siempre actualizado mi applicatory en la medida de la posible. Ahora que poseo la nueva versión de Windows Vista para 64 bits, I en lo menos no obtiene para considerar la posibilidad del Autodesk en promover la actualización de sus paradas de los productos con el mercado."

Steve_Stafford: "¿Es un pedacito poco realista contar con Revit que construye 9 para apoyar una versión beta de un sistema operativo, no?
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

But that it asks she is this? To be sincere, as the 3DStudio Max R8 already is supported by the Windows Vista and also by the platform 64bits, beyond proper Autodesk Viz 2007, being that these versions demon, I obtained to install them in the Windows Vista Beta 2 64bit. Because the Autodesk does not look for to mainly improve your applicatory for the platform 64bits, since Windows XP Professsional x64 Edition is not a version beta and already it is in the market to at least the 2 years? It is much incompetence to answer a question with another question, Mr. Steve Stafford.
Message 9 of 12
Steve_Stafford

Guilty...

While 3D Studio supports XP 64 bit it does not tactily support Vista according to the specifications on the Autodesk web site. The AutoCAD products require Windows XP and say nothing about support for XP 64 bit or Vista. Inventor supports 64 bit while Maya a recent acquisition supports many flavors of operating systems.

Working under Vista is different than Autodesk supporting Vista which won't formally happen until there is a real product, not beta.

As for Revit supporting either, eventually it will, the sooner it does the better as long as it does it well. Though according to a couple programmers I admire it is not an easy task.
Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

I installed Autocad 2007 in Vista and had to turn off UAC (User Access
Control). It worked fine. However, when you install Revit, it checks which
operating system you have, and won't even let you try installing to Vista.
It would be nice if it would at least let you try even if there are bugs. I
feel like I want to be on top of technology and aware of what is coming,
instead of it being on top of me.

Karl

wrote in message news:5305880@discussion.autodesk.com...
Guilty...

While 3D Studio supports XP 64 bit it does not tactily support Vista
according to the specifications on the Autodesk web site. The AutoCAD
products require Windows XP and say nothing about support for XP 64 bit or
Vista. Inventor supports 64 bit while Maya a recent acquisition supports
many flavors of operating systems.

Working under Vista is different than Autodesk supporting Vista which won't
formally happen until there is a real product, not beta.

As for Revit supporting either, eventually it will, the sooner it does the
better as long as it does it well. Though according to a couple programmers
I admire it is not an easy task.
Message 11 of 12
SRobbins

This sounds like an OS problem. Vista is in BETA and it might still have
bugs when trying to open programs that run on older versions of windows.
You need to report this to Microsoft Vista beta support. Thanks for testing
it, your helping us all out till Vista comes out and Revit gets updated for
it.

wrote in message news:5245247@discussion.autodesk.com...
I'm a beta tester program for a Windows Vista Beta 2 64bits. In the middle
of installation's Revit Building 9, the process down with this text above:

MDAC 2.6 Sp2 cannot be installed on this machine. MDAC 2.6 Sp2 requires any
one of the following configurations:

Microsoft Windows 95 or 98 with Y2K Update 2 and Internet Explorer 4.01 SP2
or later
Microsoft Windows 2000

Setup will exit now. Please restart the Setup after installing the necessary
updates to this machine.

Doesn't matter, I install this versions MDAC (2.6, 2.8 Sp1) and don't work
anything. I'm install finish beta 3 of .net framework and nothing.

Help-me, please!
Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

This is not a Spanish-speaking board, you will severely limit the amount of help you'll receive by posting in Spanish. Revit building works on Windows x64. I'm sure when Vista is released it will be supported by Revit.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report