Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Beginner - Hatch Pattern File

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
891 Views, 4 Replies

Revit Beginner - Hatch Pattern File

Can someone explain the hatch pattern file to me answering the following points;

The default OTB Revit *.pat file contains hatches that in revit, i cannot see.

for example: Bar Grating 1 3/16x4. So if its in the default file, why cant i see it in the list when in revit?

I want to completely repath the default location of the *.pat file to a new file i have created for the office. How do i do this??

thanks all for your help!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Can someone explain the hatch pattern file to me answering the following points;

The default OTB Revit *.pat file contains hatches that in revit, i cannot see.

for example: Bar Grating 1 3/16x4. So if its in the default file, why cant i see it in the list when in revit?

I want to completely repath the default location of the *.pat file to a new file i have created for the office. How do i do this??

thanks all for your help!

Well I can just throw something out there and maybe by chance you

can get some ideas from it.

Have a blank project just for storing stuff, fill patterns among other

things, and use "Transfer Project Standards" to get whatever you 

need whenever you need it.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Yeah and i think for the moment that is the only option I have. Ive seen many "master" files ppl use to copy stuff into the project, from pattern files, linestyles etc.

I was hoping for a better setup (similar to AutoCAD) so that from the word go, everyone has the same stuff. But Revit is one big work around so I'll just add this to the list 🙂

thanks for the suggestion.

Message 4 of 5
loboarch

Revit work a bit differently with respect to the PAT file.  Fill patterns are created in the project.  The PAT file is provided so a fill pattern can be defined.  The PAT file in this case is just read at the time the fill pattern in Revt is created.

In your template file you can create the fill patterns you most commly use.  When a project is started all of the required fill patterns will already be defined.

The PAT file in Revi tis provided as a resource to read from and create fill patterns in your project.  If the template file is setup ahead of time you will not need to refer to the PAT file all that often.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Ah I see. Thanks very much for the information Jeff. I'll be sure to populate the template with what we need.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report