Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Architecture to Revit LT and back again?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
cwolfe
771 Views, 5 Replies

Revit Architecture to Revit LT and back again?

We currently use Revit Architecture and have modeled our products into families.  We were thinking about giving our dealer network Revit LT to place the families into drawings of the spaces that they are designing.  Are there limitations that would not allow us to work between the two different versions of Revit?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
DarrenP
in reply to: cwolfe

read through this: http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit_LT/enu/2014/Help/0082-Revit_LT82/1600-Collabor1600/1601-Interope1...

yes you can do it but you may run across limitiations of revit lt

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
M-Town_Drafter

I have LT at home, and I frequently take files home to work on, and then return them to full Revit at work.  They seem to round trip ok, at least I haven't noticed any issues.  A few LT limitations have cropped up while using LT, but they don't affect the file, just the operability of the software.  Seems much like moving from AutoCAD to AutoCAD LT and back.  Some features aren't available in LT, but it doesn't affect the drawing file.

Message 4 of 6
cwolfe
in reply to: M-Town_Drafter

Thank you!

Message 5 of 6
cwolfe
in reply to: M-Town_Drafter

We are having the issue now, if we create the project in LT then open it in the full version, the project is read only. Is that common, to have to do a 'save as' on each project?
Message 6 of 6
M-Town_Drafter

Saving an LT project is the same as a full version project.  You shouldn't have to do a 'Save As'.  I just tried it to be absolutely positive.  If the file is flagged as 'Read Only', or open by someone else, you would.  Revit doesn't give you a warning about 'Read Only' status when you open the file, only when you try to save (again, just tried it).  If you right-click the file and check the properties, is it 'Read Only'?  Maybe the LT user hasn't closed it?  Just tossin' stuff out.

Edit-If the file is already open by another user, Revit will tell you and say you won't be able to save changes.  Glad I checked.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report