Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Architecture Failing to install

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
tjcrankine
350 Views, 0 Replies

Revit Architecture Failing to install

I have been having problems installing my Revit Architecture for a few days now and have been on here and looking around a few more forums looking for a possible solution. When I try to install, the window immediately comes back staying that items failed to install (all of them) and I get this error message in the log

USER-PC Installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x86): C:\Autodesk\WI\Autodesk Revit 2013\3rdParty\x86\VCRedist\2005\vcredist_x86.exe /q:a /T:C:\Windows\temp /c:"VCREDI~3.EXE /q:a /c:""msiexec /i vcredist.msi /qn /l*v C:\Users\User#\AppData\Local\Temp\vcredist_x86_2005.log"" "
2012/12/20:12:00:46 User# USER-PC Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x86) Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603

the solution I have seen for this is to delete all of the Visual C++ 2005 i have on my computer, I did that and same result. then I saw somewhere else that I had to uninstall all of the Visual C++ 2010 and have doen that with the same result as well. I do have multiple versions of the Visual C++ 2008 but am unsure what programs they were all tied to hence why I am hesitant to delete them.

Is that what I have to do or is there another solution for this problem?

Thanks

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report